Panasonic DMP-BD55k

M

murl

Full Audioholic
Any reason as to why the cheapest one I can actually find in stock is $569 from amazon and the advertised retail is $399? I don't really want one now, well I do, but don't want to spend that much on it. Any chance they are discontinuing them?

M

murl

Full Audioholic
I found one at circuit city in louisville, KY and nashville, TN that you have to pick up at the store for advertised retail, but why are they so dadgone high online?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
because it is already going to be replaced by another model apparently, same as the BD-35.

S

senior

Audiophyte
panasonic bd-35 or 55

does anyone know when they are going to be replaced and ready for sale?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
hopefully they will have many of the same features
At least and perhaps more, and 'Improved.' :D

I would think if the 55 is being replaced, they would close out the inventory and sell for less than retail. Or, their dynamic pricing suggests that some will pay above retail in a down economy:rolleyes:
I got mine for $307 with 4 discs a while back:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They did the same thing when the BD30 and BD50 were discontinued, and those models were also discontinued very shortly after they were released as well. My guess is there is a change in a chipset or something similar that does not necessarly change the feature set of the player, but is big enough to warrant a model number change, since I haven't heard of new features coming out or even heard anyone confirm that there are new models coming (there must be though). Could also be that they have reduced the cost of production and to get that into volume manufacturing, they release a new model.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis