Panasonic BD35K + Denon 2807

dpnaugle

dpnaugle

Junior Audioholic
Is the Panasonic BD35K a good choice to pair with a Denon 2807. I am coming from an HD-A2 and hope that some of the load time can be cut down.

Any other/better players to consider in the $300 range?

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
The Panny would be a great match with any system IMHO. Load times seem to vary by disc but are not unreasonable. A link to the long load times and slow command response is dependent upon whether the player is connected to a network. The consensus seems to be to only connect it to a network if you want to update firmware or use the BD Live features - otherwise leave it disconnected. Mine is not on my network and it responds to commands instantly and loads discs quickly.

A

Austin M

Enthusiast
I have this receiver and was thinking about this combo as well. I think we have HDMI 1.1, so all the HD codecs should decode internally and pass through as PCM just fine, correct?

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Yes. If it accepts mch PCM, then yes. There is not a better player than the BD-35 for the money. Whether considering different aspects ranging from pure and simple Bluray PQ, to the ease and simplicity of switching audio output selections, to the FW support. There is not a better bluray player for the money.

The only cons are that it can't output DVD at 480i for outboard VP, and the faceplate is not as pretty as the competitors.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis