N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
what exactly do PA amps do (differently from home stuff)? i'm looking for a thin design and very simple amp to drive outdoor speakers off of a split signal from a main system and i'm wondering if a PA amp would work.

thanks

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
nm2285 said:
what exactly do PA amps do (differently from home stuff)? i'm looking for a thin design and very simple amp to drive outdoor speakers off of a split signal from a main system and i'm wondering if a PA amp would work.

thanks
They produce equal sound quality to home amps, are typicaly in a smaller package, and usually have a fan that may be annoying.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
looks pretty with the lights, wonder how it would do pushing some bic acoustec towers

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Spiffyfast said:
looks pretty with the lights, wonder how it would do pushing some bic acoustec towers
At 8 ohms and 96dB, it would probably send the dual 6.5" drivers across the room. :eek: The beauty of those Acoustech's are their sensitivity. You can power them with entry level receivers. Better units like the Pioneer 1015 would really bring them out of their cage. A separate amp is just overkill for those units.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis