Overload..........?

U

Unregistered

I have a fairly ancient Panasonic SA-GX130. It has overloaded before by playing it too loudly and it was as simple as turning the unit off and back on and it was fix.

Now even after turning the unit on/off, unplugging it, etc... the yellow overload light comes on.. hence no sound is coming out. Ive disconnected all speakers and it stilll doesnt work... Any suggestions?

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Protection circuits...

...usually will activate if there are shorts in the speakers or cables, the unit is overdriven(thermals) or if the internals are out of tolerance...

If you have disconnected the speakers AND wiring and...

Allowed the unit to cool down and reset itself and...

It still isn't working, there is only one choice left...

Servicing...but quite honestly, you will probably be better off looking for something more a, er...current to replace it with...and don't get me wrong, I have a strong attachment to my old gear, but there comes a point when it's time to say goodbye...sob...as I recently did with my TEAC A-650...

jimHJJ(...unfortunate, but true...)

U

Unregistered

Loser,

i already purchased a new technics receiver, but wanted to know if it was junk now or what...

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Unregistered said:
Loser,

i already purchased a new technics receiver, but wanted to know if it was junk now or what...

Depends if you want to spend some money to find out what's wrong. With the cost of decent lower end ( in terms of price only) receivers about $300 give or take $50 each side, I would probably just junk it. It's probably fixable but it will cost money to repair it and then you are still left with an outdated old receiver. You did the right thing by getting a new receiver.

Shinerman

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis