S

spikefulton

Audiophyte
Hello I have a Pioneer vsx-d712 receiver and i've had it for about 3 years. About 2 months ago I got some new speakers I got Polk Audio Rm10 and they worked great at first. Now after about a month my reciever started shutting off and saying overload while watching movies and playing video games and I don't have it turned up very loud. I was wondering if anyone could please help me any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
It sure sounds like you have a problem with your wires. Check for frayed wires first. If not it may be a short in one of the speakers themselves.

S

spikefulton

Audiophyte
Sorry for the noobie question but how do you check for frayed wires?

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
You look at the wires and see if they're frayed.

The13thGryphon

The13thGryphon

Audioholic
spikefulton said:
Sorry for the noobie question but how do you check for frayed wires?
Look for spots on the insulation jacket of the wire where it has worn through, is cut, or is cracked. Also check the bananna plugs, spade terminals, or pins at each end of the speaker wire (unless it is bare wire) and be sure no loose strands of wire are sticking out. Whether your speaker cable uses a connector or bare ends, make sure the connections on the back of your receiver are tight, and that no portion of the bare wire or connector is touching any metal surfac other than the speaker terminal it is supposed to be in contact with. Any loose strands or touching connectors will cause problems and could do permanent damage to your receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis