Overkill to add another F12?? Small room

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Would it be over kill to add a second Rythmik F12 sealed sub to my 2.1 system? Room size is 12x15 with an open hall way towards the front of room.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
No overkill there is, when adding subwoofer.

I'm going to have dual Rythmik E15HP's in a 13x20ft room in an apartment building. MUHAHAhahaha! I think I peed my self a little.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Agreed, no such thing as overkill when it comes to subwoofers.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Would it be over kill to add a second Rythmik F12 sealed sub to my 2.1 system? Room size is 12x15 with an open hall way towards the front of room.
Do it. Remember, it's not all about volume. It's about quality. Either of my 2 subs has enough "punch" to vibrate a glass of tea off the table, by itself. But they sound MUCH better together. Especially in music.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I would slow down a bit. You don't want to rush. You are still contemplating on switching around components and selling certain components, right?

So until you have a good plan that takes into account all pieces of the puzzle, I would hold off on any other purchases. :D

Will the Ascend be in the HT family room or bedroom? Will you keep the Ascend?

There is no such thing as "overkill" on subwoofer if you have the room. But if you are asking if adding a second F12 would make a significant improvement and worth the extra cost, that is different story and depends on other pieces of your puzzle. :D

Will you actively bi-amp the SX-6300/R using LFE? Although the SX-6300/R bass will not be like the Rythmik sub, the six 6.5" subwoofers of the SX-6300/R would help smooth out the bass also.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The general consensus is that a second subwoofer will help with the frequency response and even things one. As stated above, the current subwoofer is already more then enough to topple small children in that size room, but adding a second will help with the response and make the sweet spot larger (Without resorting to EQ and electronic trickery).

Acu has a good point though, I don't like randomly throwing gear into my system (not that I can afford to either). I like to think it through, how not only the gear is going to immediately fit, but how it will fit down the road. If it's a good match now, but not sensible later on, I usually hold off.

Besides, Acu is pretty much the spitting image of someone that doesn't just randomly stock up on stereo components and speakers.

SheepStar

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Besides, Acu is pretty much the spitting image of someone that doesn't just randomly stock up on stereo components and speakers.
That's right. Each component has a very specific role to play. :D

You would have to be omniscient to fully comprehend such complex synergistic synchrony. :eek: :D

BrazenC5

BrazenC5

Enthusiast
It depends on your listening preference. I have an open living room / dining room area that also opens into a hallway, and thought 2 subwoofers would be great in that area, so I upgraded from one SVS PB12-NSD to 2 Seaton Submersives...at first it was great when I would listen to LFE scenes...walls rumbling, tanks rolling through or earthquakes right in my livingroom, but after awhile listening through entire movies it was just overpowering quieter scenes where bass was used to create suspense...it would take me out of the scene. I didnt even realize that both were considered nearfield until someone pointed it out!

I now have the gain at 1/3 max...knowing I wont use close to the potential of these subs...so i'm planning to sell one of them, as 1 is more than enough for my space. They are awesome subs, and won't need to upgrade in this current space...ever.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis