Over ear headphone purchase suggestions

P

pizzafordinna

Audiophyte
Hello all! This is my first post on this forum and I'm an audio newbie so please bear with me if I ask the wrong questions or use the wrong terminology. I'm here to learn!

I'm looking to buy a pair of over ear headphones between $100-$120. I purchased the Beats by Dre. Studios 4 years ago but they have fallen apart and I've been told on many different occasions that there are better headphones out there for less.

Let me describe my current audio habits. I primarily listen to music through my PC. I'm not using a soundcard: it's just the on-board audio chip. My music library isn't chocked full of high quality files (mostly Electronic). I game on my PC a lot; but not competitively or in any specific genre. I plan on buying a mic later down the road but it's not necessary right now. I don't need noise canceling (though it is nice) or any sort of bass boosting. My biggest complaint about my Beats is that they are pretty uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

The only other headphone company that I've heard of is Seinheiser, so any discussion or feedback is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis