Outrageous Vehicle Subwoofer

annunaki

annunaki

It is more hype than anything else. The price they charge is ridiculous compared to the performance.

Their 8500 series woofers are fairly decent. Pretty linear for a standard woofer design.

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
"YOU'VE GOT THE RIDE. YOU'RE ROLLIN' ON DUB DUBS. STOP PLAYIN' WITH THOSE TINY 15s AND SHOW ‘EM WHAT YOU'RE ALL ABOUT. EXCESS IS IT AND JACKHAMMER IS ALL ABOUT EXCESS!"

Tiny 15's... :rolleyes:

If you can't get enough SPL to melt your spine with a couple 15 inch subs in such a small enclosure such as a car interior, you're either deaf or paralyzed or you've got a problem.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yeah, the Jackhammer is just ridiculous. And I mean that in the worst way possible.

BTW, best lines ever on Pimp My Ride:

2. X sees inflatable projection screen come out back of truck and says "Now that's excessive."

1. X looks at LCD TVs in mudflaps on truck and says "That's just useless."

majorloser

majorloser

You really want it to live up to the hype, but it don't. :(

I really would like to see a subwoofer with a driver over 20" that could produce disgustingly high, ear bleeding spl numbers. A super "dub"woofer.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Great another moron who can be six cars back from me in rush hour traffic and all I can hear is his stupid rap songs blasting. I swear there are many cases for justifiable homicide and idiots who blast rump thumping bass in traffic and at 3 in the morning should be on that list. I work in the medical field and I actually feel sorry for these people in a few years when they question why they have tinnitus or are hard of hearing by the time they are 30. I just can't understand why they don't put in bass shakers in the seats of the car, because for anybody with those subs to even hear any reasonable bass they would need to be 30 feet outside their vehicles. Bass shakers would be quiet and the person in the car would have a better experience. But then again why the put 30,000 in a car valued at 100 bucks I'll never know.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
While I'm very impressed with the manliness of said subwoofer, it's application is problematic in that it could probably be heard from a mile away!!!!!!:eek:

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
SUVs are too light and too economical on gas to begin with. I'd put 10 of those in my SUV if I could.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder how big of an enclosure you'd need to really maximize its performance.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Great another moron who can be six cars back from me in rush hour traffic and all I can hear is his stupid rap songs blasting. I swear there are many cases for justifiable homicide and idiots who blast rump thumping bass in traffic and at 3 in the morning should be on that list. I work in the medical field and I actually feel sorry for these people in a few years when they question why they have tinnitus or are hard of hearing by the time they are 30. I just can't understand why they don't put in bass shakers in the seats of the car, because for anybody with those subs to even hear any reasonable bass they would need to be 30 feet outside their vehicles. Bass shakers would be quiet and the person in the car would have a better experience. But then again why the put 30,000 in a car valued at 100 bucks I'll never know.
A-FREAKIN-MEN Brother!!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis