Outdoor speaker suggestions

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm looking to put some speakers on my deck. Wall mount, nothing fancy, no fake rocks or planters. Appearance is secondary to sound. I'd prefer to stay at or below $100 for the pair. :eek: I've looked at several but as of yet have not listened to any. The names Audiosource and Yamaha are among the most plentiful.
If any one has experience or opinions your comments would be appriciated.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
This looks like a good deal. Never heard them. JBL Yamaha
The Yamahas look like a better buy.
Lower price on the Yamaha in white here.

Last edited:
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I have seen both of these. The more interesting of the two to me are the Yamahas. pretty good reviews from what little you can find on outdoor speakers. Ebay price with shipping is about $100. I'm going to need to pull the trigger on something in the next week.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
It looks as though B&H is authorized to sell. Price looks to be $99 for the pair. Don't know about the shipping though. :confused:

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Niles

I have listened to Niles Audio in-ceiling speakers, but not there outdoor speakers. From the look of these, and the description they should be nice for outdoor use. See it you can listen to them before making a decision. The OS3's are about $150.00 a pair, and the OS6's are about $185 a pair. Good Luck

http://www.nilesaudio.com/products/os_speakers.html

Is this post OK with you Zumbo?

Last edited:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
LOL! :D Nice! :cool:

Where can you find those for around $150?

Last edited:
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll do a little searching. The frequency response of the Niles OS3s seem a bit troubling low end of 110?? At least they show some honesty in that it is -3db. Not sure at what point the Yammys actually drop below that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis