outdoor speaker recommendations

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
i am looking for some speaker recommendations for my outdoor patio...

id really like to do a 2.1 set up outside but i will probably start with just the speakers and add the sub later. so what are so good sounding outdoor speaker...

i dont want it to sound like i am listening to music through a megaphone...

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Get a pair of JBL Control 28s. Easy to drive, rugged, priced reasonable.

I use them all the time for outdoor stuff, good speaker for the money. There is a Control 30 also, but the price is nearly double.

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
i did a quick search and i could only find the JBL N26AW...

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
the axiom are nice, little on the $$$ end... but like i say with everything... if the extra couple bucks is worth it i dont mind spending the extra...

the Polk Atrium 45 looks nice too... according to polk," the rugged, weatherproof design meets or exceeds stringent military specifications for full exposure to the elements."

Last edited:
P

Paradise

Enthusiast
I really like the Proficient Audio and SpeakerCraft outdoor offerings. Excellent performance, reasonalbe pricing and excellent warranties make them my preferred choice.:cool:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
the axiom are nice, little on the $$$ end... but like i say with everything... if the extra couple bucks is worth it i dont mind spending the extra...

the Polk Atrium 45 looks nice too... according to polk," the rugged, weatherproof design meets or exceeds stringent military specifications for full exposure to the elements."
Or you could get the cheaper ones and send me the difference. :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am still fine using my $53 Duals...they are outside for goodness sakes and they sound just fine for what I use them for.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I tend to agree with Paradigm Dawg on this train of thought. I went with a pair of AudioSource from Amazon and they are great. I think I paid like $60 for them and they are great speakers for the money. I don't really think you will get all that much better sound by breaking the bank. To many other factors outside to take away from the sound quality.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Kinda suprised no mention of niles audio, the design that BA copied for the voyager line.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Kinda suprised no mention of niles audio, the design that BA copied for the voyager line.
Good call Scott.
I have the Niles 8" Rock speaker http://www.nilesaudio.com/product.php?prodID=RS8Si Speckled Granite&recordID=Weatherproof Rock Loudspeakers&categoryID=Speakers&catcdID=1&prdcdID=FG01129

They look very realistic, especially if you put them amongst your landscaping.
One slight fault, they are 4 Ohm if they are set up in a stereo pair. With Sensitivity: 88dB.
Lifetime Warranty too.

Paradigm has rock speakers that are more efficient.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Might as well try these.
The Speaker Company

I've got in-ceilings (8" $60/pr) that I use for my covered patio. Great sound and response outside. The aimable tweeters are nice, too.

-pat

ps - 30 day trial with free shipping both ways. Save all the packaging.

ozmedia

ozmedia

Audioholic
Jumping on the RBH bandwagon again

My installers have always preferred RBH to other similarly priced products, and this year RBH has introduced two new patio speakers in their place.

They have a 5.25" poly pro model (A-5AW) and the new MC-6AW with their KILLER 6" aluminum drivers in them, they are outstanding!!

MC-6AW
http://www.rbhsound.com/product_detail.php?id=MC-6AW

A-5AW
http://www.rbhsound.com/product_detail.php?id=A-5AW

I think they still have AWS-6's (previous model) available in white too.

Or there's the dual voice coil, R8 rock speaker, you can hide it with the snails and slugs!

Happy hunting

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis