outdoor, in-ceiling speakers

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I'm starting to look for outdoor speakers for my covered patio. I've decided that I want to get some in-ceiling speakers.

Can anyone suggest some basic guidelines to look for? The speakers would not be subject to wet conditions. Just heat since Arizona hits ~115+ every year at least once (or more times). It's extremely dry, too.

My initial concerns are the rubber surrounds that go around the speaker cone. A kevlar woofer seems to be a very solid solution for the speaker itself.

Suggestions?

I would like to keep the pair to under $200. Frequency response is also a major factor. (Of course, I like good sound.)

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I might be looking at something for a marine application. MidnightSensi might know stuff.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Hold up there, horsey! You don't get to spend my money! You only get to suggest how to spend my money! :D

The model lower looks more economical.

j-pat
True...but where's the fun in that?:D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I just ordered the IC-8 speakers from The Speaker Company. Should be here sometime this week. I'll post thoughts in a new thread when they arrive.

I decided to override all factors and go for the economical one. Free shipping back if I don't like 'em.

-pat

16hz lover

Audioholic Intern
Solus loudspeakers make the best sounding outdoor and ceiling speakers I've heard and they are located in your back yard too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis