Out of the Parent's House Set-up

C

cmb5286

Junior Audioholic
Just graduated college and moved into my own place in downtown St. Louis
This place echos like none other, but it helps that I put the carpet down. I think my next purchase will be some L880s or L890s and I'll move the bookshelfs to rear duty. It's either that or the new Panny BD-50. I love the Studiotech stand and speaker pillars. I think I'll keep it this way for a while. Comments are welcome. If you think I can improve on anything let me know.

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Nice system, congrats on College and moving into new place!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats on graduating and getting your own place, and in a great town. That's some nice gear for a new graduate! (Yeah, other college folks here have some good stuff, and I'm always impressed by it.) The TV looks fantastic.

Thanks for the comments on the Studiotech speaker stands - I've thought about getting some. Yours sure look good.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Nice set up. I like the red brick as well.

The only suggestion would be to pull the left and right sppeakers apart some more. It would open up the sound stage. But since your gear is in a corner it could be tough. But it's worth a try and free to do. :) Is it possible to arrange the system to where its not in a corner ?

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Congratulations on getting through school and getting you own place. Enjoy the freedom and stay focused on your goals and career.

My only suggestion would be to put up some drapes. This will greatly improve your video watching experience and also provide some sound absorbtion\diffusion in the two critical areas near your front speakers. May also help you lower your utility bill.

Thanks for sharing and good luck!!!!

M

Mw`

Junior Audioholic
Very cool look...gotta love that post college money! I imagine it would be tough to swing those JBL towers without pulling your stand out quite a bit. +1 to drapes, and also some room treatments to kill that echo!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Very nice touch there. Downtown St. Louis is fantastic!!! Just love the Zoo there. Plan to go back perhaps in the Fall sometime. Congrats on graduating college as well as your sweet set-up. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow that looks nice! I love everything except for the fake guitar. Chicks don't dig phonies. :D

SheepStar

C

cmb5286

Junior Audioholic
Wow that looks nice! I love everything except for the fake guitar. Chicks don't dig phonies. :D

SheepStar
Haha yeah I know. Both my acoustic and electric are in their cases in my room. Unfortunately, they don't look too highly upon a Marshall half-stacks in my building, so I left it at home.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Haha yeah I know. Both my acoustic and electric are in their cases in my room. Unfortunately, they don't look too highly upon a Marshall half-stacks in my building, so I left it at home.
I understand. :D I have a washburn combo hooked up to a Heil Sound cab. I also have a drumset and bass + bass amp here (DDrum kt, SWR Red Head Bass amp and US Fender Jazz bass). They belong to my friends, but I still play them.

SheepStar

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
not sure how much you have in your set up, but i would say youve got a really good "budget" set up...

looks nice man...

any future plans?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis