Oscar 2017 this Sunday Feb 26

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So movie do you think should win Best Picture 2017?

I've seen 5 nominees: 1. Moonlight, 2. Hell or High Water, 3. Hacksaw Ridge, 4. Arrival, and 5. Manchester by the Sea.

Others I have not seen:
6. Lion (will probably watch before Sunday), 7. Hidden Figures, 8. Fences, & 9. La La Land

So far I think Hell or High Water & Hacksaw Ridge are the best ones.

Arrival & Manchester were so-so, but overall boring.

I thought Moonlight was one of the worst and most boring movies I've ever seen. My 14YO daughter thought this movie was great. Please. :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The only one I've seen is Hidden Figures, and it was a really good movie!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've seen 7 of the movies, but did not see La La Land and Hidden Figures.

Watching "Fences" was like reading a boring book in the backyard - seems like the whole movie was about some guy talking nonsense the entire time in his backyard.

The one movie I thought was the Worse ended up wining Best Picture 2017. :D

The only thing I liked about "Moonlight" was Mahershala Ali, who won Best Supporting Actor, so that was good.

I will probably see "Hidden Figures" because it seems interesting.

But I doubt I will ever see La La Land since I hate 99% of all musicals. The 1% exception was The Sound of Music. :D

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge, La La Land. Soon will be watching Moonlight, Manchester by the Sea, Fences and Hidden Figures.

Arrival was good, but not as good as good as I hoped. Great cinematography, great audio, and a good story that still felt kind of flat. I was interested the whole time though.

Hacksaw was really good but felt sort of like I was watching half of Forrest Gump and half of Saving Private Ryan. Great story. The interviews with some of actual people at the end had a nice impact.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Fences this weekend. I didn't know it was bases on a play and that showed because it was effectively dialogue the entire film. Heavy and entirely character driven with great performances, but I can see why it didn't win IMO.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I finally saw the final 2 Oscar-nominated movies: La La Land and Hidden Figures.

I was very surprised by La La Land. I thought I would absolutely hate it. But it turned out a lot better than I thought. I didn't like the ending.

Of the 9 movies, I thought Hidden Figures was the best one and should have won Best Picture, not Moonlight. I thought Hidden Figures was one of the best movies I have ever seen.

So my ranking (1 is best, 9 is worst):

1. Hidden Figures
2. Hell or High Water
3. Hacksaw Ridge
4. Arrival
5. La La Land
6. Manchester by the Sea
7. Lion
8. Fences
9. Moonlight

Latest posts

newsletter