Orion Video Blue Book.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Here is the deal, I want a Blue Book value on a video product, but I have the strong urge not to pay for the information via funds. In fact I simply will not pay. What I am looking for is similar to this:

http://www.usedprice.com/aspsite/lookupallnew.asp?table=Bookaud&bookname=Audio&manuf=manufaud&type=typeaud&field1=Power&field2=0&field3=0&associateid=1256&lookuplevel=1

The above link is Orion's Audio Blue Book, absolutely free. That is how I would like for the video blue book to be, free.

The products I am interested in finding are the Toshiba SD-9000 dvd player.

The info I am looking for is the MSRP, used price, mint buying price, and average buying price.

Thankyou in advance for any help,

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
I used Orion Blue Book to sell a toshiba laptop last year and it really helped. I've never heard of another place that does what they do. You could use Ebay and search for completed listings. That should give you an idea of what it's worth. If it comes down to it though, $3.99 doesn't seem that bad for information that may be very helpful.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Hey seth,i bookmarked this thread a while back but forgot to respond,using the orion blue book for audio is a bad idea,It never shows the current market value of anything,i have to question what their information is based on,pick out any well known peice of audio gear & look up what its selling for on ebay & audiogon then check the blue book to see how far their values are off.Ebay & Audiogon are the driving forces behind used gear value & the orion blue book has become a useless tool used mainly by dealers to show at trade in time.

If you sell your gear based on orion blue book values you'll loose your shirt:eek:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
highfihoney said:
Hey seth,i bookmarked this thread a while back but forgot to respond,using the orion blue book for audio is a bad idea,It never shows the current market value of anything,i have to question what their information is based on,pick out any well known peice of audio gear & look up what its selling for on ebay & audiogon then check the blue book to see how far their values are off.Ebay & Audiogon are the driving forces behind used gear value & the orion blue book has become a useless tool used mainly by dealers to show at trade in time.

If you sell your gear based on orion blue book values you'll loose your shirt:eek:
Information about my DVD player is hard to come by. The reason I want the Blue book is so I can find an item I think might be valuable in the blue book, but has a low price. Doing this with audio I have made money of a guy that buys based on the blue book.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Hehe,if you can buy gear using the blue book your all set,ive made a small fortune over the years using their values,i just wanted to be sure you knew not to pay attention to anything it says when it comes time to sell.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You guys are the Fred Sanford of used audio gear!:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis