Ordered gear, bulding system and need advice on cables , Newbe

S

Steve M

Junior Audioholic
Need to order cables
never had a home audio sub before other than the home HT in a box ,blue tooth I disconnect after 1 day

Already Ordered a av 8802a Emotiva & XPA 5 gen 3 and a A 700 for HT and for 2 channel audio and Multi zone audio as gene prescribed for my needs ( thanks Again for the one on one consult Gene ,money well spent !! )

Sub cable question , RCA or the Big round one X? , Going to get 1 VTF-2 mk5 Subwoofer
and possible another later if not enough punch ,
I know to use blue jean cables for purchase or mono price but do I order RCA for subs , or the other one with round end ?? for that sub , i am guessing it give you more bass management ,

I did find a Pro to measure and tune the system with software when i am all hooked up and ready
just want to get right cables and such , the sub cables will be running about 40 ft or less
Thanks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Just get a RCA tipped cable for the sub. You don't need any special RCA cable. Don't bother with any cable labeled 'subwoofer cable' because that is just a marked-up RCA cable.

G

Got Hi-Fi?

Audioholic Intern
Just get a RCA tipped cable for the sub. You don't need any special RCA cable. Don't bother with any cable labeled 'subwoofer cable' because that is just a marked-up RCA cable.
Actually that is incorrect. Subwoofer cables are coax, RCA cables are not.

G

Got Hi-Fi?

Audioholic Intern
Need to order cables
never had a home audio sub before other than the home HT in a box ,blue tooth I disconnect after 1 day

Already Ordered a av 8802a Emotiva & XPA 5 gen 3 and a A 700 for HT and for 2 channel audio and Multi zone audio as gene prescribed for my needs ( thanks Again for the one on one consult Gene ,money well spent !! )

Sub cable question , RCA or the Big round one X? , Going to get 1 VTF-2 mk5 Subwoofer
and possible another later if not enough punch ,
I know to use blue jean cables for purchase or mono price but do I order RCA for subs , or the other one with round end ?? for that sub , i am guessing it give you more bass management ,

I did find a Pro to measure and tune the system with software when i am all hooked up and ready
just want to get right cables and such , the sub cables will be running about 40 ft or less
Thanks
If you are running those lengths you definitely want a proper subwoofer cable. They are better shielded and will reduce your chances of getting HUM in your subs. You could also use regular 75ohm coax TV cable, its cheaper, but you will need to have RCA ends put on it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis