Options for Auto-on/off (wake on signal)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
After owning an Amazon Echo for over a year, it looks like it (or a Google Home which currently seems a better option) will be a fixture in my life.
One of the best aspects of these "assistants" is that they are always waiting and ready.
Though the sound is impressive for the form factor, it would be nice to add some stereo separation and fill out the bass (as well as overall SQ improvement) by using better speakers.
The input to the system would be via 3.5mm audio jack (though if there was built-in BT, it would be nice).
The problem is wanting something that is always ready. For example, I use the Echo as my alarm clock. If I ask it to play music at 6:45 AM, I don't want to leave the system on all night. As long as it would turn on within few seconds.

Probably the ideal would be a small pre-amp or integrated amp that woke on signal since I have some nice BS speakers already, but open to powered speakers if they have a sleep/wake function.

Do any of the pro-audio studio monitors have wake/sleep functions?

I have an JBL OnBeat which turns on/off as I describe, but it is bass heavy and is a single unit rather than a pair.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Emotiva X-a100 has signal sense turn on and is on holiday sale right now. Not sure if that is more than you were looking for, but it is a pretty solid 50W.

http://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/100
Thanks, that looks like a very good option. It is a little more than I had in mind, but definitely a viable option and probably worth the cost!

Still open to other options!
I'll wait a few days before buying!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I am finding a few, but no easy way to search (that I've found):

AudioEngine A5 & A5+ has standby mode (probably all AE products, but those are the two I checked)
Behringer 2031A has power switch on back (like subs) with on/auto/off positions. Unfortunately, the 2030A does not!
The PreSonus Ceres 3.5 (which has sub out:)) also has.

Considering I have Ceres 3.5 and AudioEngine A5, I am set.

But damn you Mr. Garcia, now you have me thinking about using the A100 with my EMP41B's.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis