M

macphisto

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Is there a device on the market that will allow me to connect my DVD and my Cable Box optically to my receiver. I have only one optical input on my receiver. It's a pain fiddling around the back of the TV changing over cables.</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi Welcome to the forum
If I understand you correctly you dont have enough optical
inputs on the back of your receiver and now have to disconnect the optical cable then plug in the one that is on the source you want to use? &nbsp;If this is the case then the
Sony SBD-30 &nbsp; 3x2 Optical Digital Audio Selector can help
you. There is also the Sima SCS-4D It has auto switching
and can &nbsp;convert a optical input to coax. &nbsp;You would be in fine shape with this one if your receiver has a digital coax input
Hope this hepls
Ray</font>

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Elvis,
You must be trying really hard to 'catch up'. :) This is the at least the third thread that is over 5 years old that you've resurrected.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Which is better?
Coax and Optical have the same sound. Some claim to hear differences, but I certainly don't. I personally prefer Coax simply because when you plug an optical in, it tends to be flimsy.

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
Coax and Optical have the same sound. Some claim to hear differences, but I certainly don't. I personally prefer Coax simply because when you plug an optical in, it tends to be flimsy.
I havent heard a difference either between the two. You have to be carefull with optical though. Since the information is sent by light, if you bend the cord too much it may disrupt the signal and you will never be able to use it again.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis