Oppo Pandora Firmware Upgrade for BDP-93/BDP-95 Blu-ray Players

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
There are few A/V products these days that I really get excited about. When Oppo released the BDP-95, we were pretty eager to get our hands on one. From its benchmark performance to flawless operation, the BDP-95 left us wanting very little. But, of course, I particularly like the ability to stream music sources such as Pandora to my family room system. At the time, Oppo didn't support this feature, until now.... We are happy to see that Oppo is vigorously supporting their products with routine firmware upgrades. Pandora support is icing on the cake for us. We look forward to seeing what else Oppo has in store for future upgrades. In the meantime, we’re loving it as is!

Discuss "Oppo Pandora Firmware Upgrade for BDP-93/BDP-95 Blu-ray Players" here. Read the article.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
The most recent update solved a lip-sync issue we were having running the Oppo through our Denon AVR-4311ci as well. Great product, even better after the sale support!

The Oppo bdp-93/95 are the only players I recommend on a regular basis. There are no better players available at these price points. Period.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I am hoping for Netflix 5.1 DD+ in future update. I am not aware of any update that is supposed to have improved Netflix streaming PQ but I am almost certain its PQ in the beginning was not as good as the PS3 yet now they seem the same. I still prefer to use PS3 for movies though due to the 5.1 DD+ feature and I would rather to let the much cheaper PS3 take the wear and tear, saving the Oppo for when SQ is more important.

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
So you are saying that pandora sounded better with the receiver processsing the digital signal out from the oppo, than the Oppo sending it out analog to the receiver ?

I guess the $1000 oppo itsnt what its cracked up to be.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
So you are saying that pandora sounded better with the receiver processsing the digital signal out from the oppo, than the Oppo sending it out analog to the receiver ?

I guess the $1000 oppo itsnt what its cracked up to be.
No reread what I wrote. I was comparing analog audio from my yamaha iPod dock.

B

Bob Walters

Audiophyte
FIOS/YouTube

Gene,
"Youtube through my FIOS box"...........and how do you do that?? Thanks. Bob Walters

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis