OPPO 205 Ultra Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/Blu-ray & Misc Hardware' started by sterling shoote, Apr 20, 2017.

1. sterling shoote Full Audioholic

sterling shoote
    I received an email from OPPO yesterday, says their new 205 player is available for pre-order. Specs suggest this player is the most "universal" player out there. I'm in for one.
  2. little wing Full Audioholic

little wing
    I am sure this is a great machine but I have a hard time justifying replacing my Opp 105 with this one right now.
  3. tyhjaarpa Audioholic General

tyhjaarpa
    I will also keep my 103D for a good while, not in hurry for a new player.
  4. Pogre Audioholic General

Pogre
    I like my Xbox 1S! I'm not as much into the home theater experience as some folks are. I keep it pretty simple (5.2) and focus on 2.2 listening for music. My cheap (maybe not "cheap"... budget", I did spend $800 on my UHD 58" Vizio) tv is enough for me. I'm sure any improvements a high dollar player makes wouldn't be as noticeable on my set. I'm sure the minutiae in the differences would be a lot more noticeable on a really nice set.
  5. JohnnieB Senior Audioholic

JohnnieB
    The 103D works well for me. I am curious about the better audio of the 105, and now the 205. Just cant get myself to take a hit on my current Oppo and then spend almost twice as much to get the new breed. I wonder if Oppo has ever considered a trade up plan?
  6. j_garcia Audioholic Jedi

j_garcia
    Nope :) But the good news is, they tend to have pretty good resale value so you don't lose a lot on newer models.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JohnnieB Senior Audioholic

JohnnieB
    Maybe not. If the trend on fleabay is any indicator. The BDP 95 is selling for more than the 103D. The 105's seem to do better.
  8. j_garcia Audioholic Jedi

j_garcia
    95 is worth more because it was a higher model, even though it is older. The 105 has been the flagship for quite a few years after the 95.
    • Informative Informative x 1