OPPO 203 Issues

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/Blu-ray & Misc Hardware' started by Klipschhead302, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Klipschhead302 Senior Audioholic

Klipschhead302
    My new OPPO 203 refuses to play some Blu-Rays I have that work in seriously junky cheap players and their response is:

Well how fantastic is that, so my player must be fine then and yet, certain discs turn the player into a brick, it won't open to eject, it won't power off it just sits there like a stupid brick.

It has the latest firmware, last night I let it sit for two hours to see if it would ever load the menu, I had to remove the power cord to shut it down.

The latest disc to have this issue is the Universal Jason Borne Blu-Ray 4 disc set that plays just fine in everything from a no name player in our RV to my best friends Walmart special to my 4 year old Samsung player. The most expensive Blu-Ray player I have ever owned, refuses to play, there are a few others it refuses to play as well but I can't remember their names.

I did all of the following to no avail, they keep acting like the player is fine 4 emails later.

My last email to them asks them if they are capable of allowing for the fact there could be an actual problem with the player, no matter how many shipped are awesome, mine is not. No response so far.

I have to go out of town tonight so when I return I'm going to test and note any discs the player refuses to play and then I'm going to demand that OPPO back the product instead of giving me this song and dance about defective discs. If the discs are that defective (per OPPO) they render the OPPO useless and Samsung runs them fine, I bought the wrong player.

2. Klipschhead302 Senior Audioholic

Klipschhead302
    I just received an actual helpful response from OPPO, finally. I'm going to see what they come up with next, possibly a firmware update, not sure, will know more Monday I believe after I return.
  3. j_garcia Audioholic Jedi

j_garcia
    I had the same thing happen with my 98SE. I took my disc into their office and showed it to them. It was also a Universal disc <hint hint> Universal changes how they encode the discs randomly. Oppo wrote a firmware update in a few weeks and got it fixed.
  4. Klipschhead302 Senior Audioholic

Klipschhead302
    I agree, it seems the only discs I ever have issues with come from Universal but these play in literal junk and my expensive player is rendered stupid from it? Getting the run around about how everybody else isn't having a problem pulls my trigger every time, they may as well say this is your problem tough chit.

Thankfully their latest response was more helpful.

5. aaro Audiophyte

aaro
    I am also Facing this problem with my oppo device. if there is some solution please tell me about it.
    aaro,
  6. Klipschhead302 Senior Audioholic

Klipschhead302
    They released a new firmware version and I haven't tested since, I'm out of town but will try when I return.