Oppo 105 usb connected drive questions

G

goormove

Audiophyte
Hi all. Just picked up a 105D and have my drive with all my wav and flac files on it connected to the USB 1 port on the rear of the player.

I played with it a bit but can't seem to find a way to play songs in a shuffle mode anywhere. Does this exist on this thing? In similar fashion, I have the same music on a NAS on my network and can't play them randomly either.

Is there a real quality (proven or calculated) difference in playing the files via the USB connection vs. playing them over the network.

Thanks for the help in advance!
J

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
the shuffle function isn't available with the USB port(s). it is available though with WAV/MP3/Flac/SACD/etc. files on a disc. hopefully it will be addressed in the future, via a firmware upgrade.

there is no quality difference between a USB vs. network, provided u are hard wired to ur network vs. a wi-fi connection.

G

goormove

Audiophyte
Actually - I figured out a way to do it.
Hopefully this will help others.
Pick a song form the USB HD to play and go to the now playing screen.
Hit option - the menu pops up from the bottom and the shuffle /random choice is there for the using. Unfortunately, if you pick a specific song to play after shuffling, it turns off, but if you just want a general shuffle you can do that. It doesn't seem to work in playlists - but it does work for genre the same way.

Once it's chosen, hit the return button and the menu goes away.

Nice thing is that it can be controlled by the app at that point. Want to skip a song, just hit next and it pops up the next random track.

Hard to run it from the app to start without the tv on, but if one wants to play music randomly without the TV on, it continues to play after the TV is powered down.

Hopefully Oppo will update this functionality to include more places to use the random function in future firmware updates.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis