Opinions and/or suggestions....

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
In the family room I have my "home theater" setup. My SVS PB-13Ultra's BASH amp recently died and the replacement amplifier (new Sledge unit) will cost about $400 from SVS. I'm toying with the idea of setting up a new home theater in my music room. I'm thinking of selling all my Monitor Audio Speakers (S6, S2, and SFX), the dead PB13-Ultra, my Rotel RMB-1075 and Marantz DV7001. I would keep the Marantz AV7005 and use it as a processor until the the new formats get established.

Should I sell the PB13 Ultra as is? Should I sell it with the new amp installed? Should the Monitor Audios be sold as a package or individually? I don't have any original boxes for these items so local pickup would be best. I'm open to suggestions as I don't really use this equipment because the kids are too small. I know that in the future, they'll get a kick out of having a home theater (even-though no one can go in the room unless I'm there ;-)).

As for speakers for the new room, I'm debating between the Klipsh THX Ultra2 system (minus the subs), or buying the matching series as my mains (HTM2 Diamond and 805 Diamond). I have yet to listen to the Klipsh system but like the idea of being able to wall mount all the speakers and basically leave the standing system as is and also it's a little lighter on the wallet. ;-) For amps I would use ATI amps and I would probably buy 2 more subs for the theater setup. Suggestions???

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I would probably buy 2 more subs for the theater setup.
Why? Do you think you can improve on the PB13U for $400? $2k for a new one, and $400 to fix the old one. That's $2400 for two PB13Us. Hard to imagine better for less.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I agree, BUT, I have OCD and my PB13 ultra is not in black piano finish like the rest of the speakers. ;-)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I agree, BUT, I have OCD and my PB13 ultra is not in black piano finish like the rest of the speakers. ;-)
No problem. Throw a towel over them. I do, over both my piano black subs... to protect from cat scratches. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis