Open loft placement help

A/VUSMCSGT

A/VUSMCSGT

Audioholic
I'm seeking advice for my home theater layout. The attached image is my plan as of now, but I'd like any ideas you all may have. Nothing is prewired except the cable outlet for the TV placement. I will have easy attic access to run wires if need be.

Equipment is as follows:

Fronts - Polk TSi400 floor standers
Center - Polk CS10
Sub - Polk PSW111
Surrounds - Polk OWM3
Receiver - Pioneer VSX-519V
BluRay - PS3
Remote - Harmony 880
TV - 70" UHD to-be-purchased - will be wall mounted

Ceilings are 9' and room dimensions are listed on the image I attached. I'm open to any and all ideas. The home is still being built so it'll be a blank canvas. I've also attached a couple images of the actual room, one of the room itself, another showing the open side of the room with the stairs.

Thanks!!!!!
Loft Theater Layout.png
Loft.jpg
Loft2.jpg

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Your proposed plan looks good to me. My only suggestions would be to make sure the back surrounds are several feet above ear level, and spread them further if you can. Also, if you could move the seating a bit closer to the TV; ~10 ft. is optimal for a 52" TV, IMO.

The last thing on your equipment list is of utmost importance. I'm fortunate enough to have one of those myself.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

A/VUSMCSGT

A/VUSMCSGT

Audioholic
Thanks Wayne.

The back surrounds will be mounted near the ceiling in their respective corner. Also, the TV in my signature is old, that was sold a few years back for the 60" Sharp Aquos I have now. However, the Sharp is going in the living room. The theater will have a new 70" UHD that I still need to decide on. And yes, WAF is vital!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis