Onkyo TX SR600 Channel Failure

J

JohnSki

Audiophyte
I have had an Onkyo TX SR600 and it has worked great since purchased new. Recently I lost the front left channel. Everything else works fine. I verified the speaker and wiring is working. Any help on what the problem might be? Hate to replace if I can get it repaired at a reasonable price.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have had an Onkyo TX SR600 and it has worked great since purchased new. Recently I lost the front left channel. Everything else works fine. I verified the speaker and wiring is working. Any help on what the problem might be? Hate to replace if I can get it repaired at a reasonable price.
That old unit is obsolete and absolutely not worth the cost of repair. It is well beyond its useful life.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Possible dry joint has formed on the circuit board and a component has come lose as I had same issues with another AVR not onkyo but a Kenwood and it had so many dry joints to re-solder as I'd lose surround channel and centre on it from time to time even banging it with my hand placed the loosen pins with broken solder on the PCB back into place for closed circuit, it was pain in the ass and later a new dry joint formed.

So that would be my guess have you tried tapping it on the side while playing pink noise to that channel?

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
Another possibility is a bad relay in that left channel. I have an old TX-SR503 with an occasional problem like that except in the center channel. My problem is a bad relay. If I turn the center channel off and on a few times - when this problem shows up - I can get the center channel to work.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Do you hear any relay clicking randomly on/off if so I bet a dry joint underneath where the pins are soldered to the PCB are a few of them might be lose. As that is what my kenwod did, more clicking than playing audio.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis