Onkyo turns itself off right after turned on?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I have an Onkyo receiver that is about 5 years old. The model # is 575 and it has been great until a few days ago. I turned it off Saturday night (it was working fine), the when I turned it on Sunday morning it turns on fine, but after about 2 seconds it turns itself off. Anyone have a clue what could cause this?

R

rocketman

Audiophyte
If you still have the owner's manual, try the troubleshooting section. They may advise you to turn it off, unplug it for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on. Try that to see if it works.

M

maf1055

Audiophyte
Onkyo DR-S2.2 same problem of turning off

I have an Onkyo DR-S2.2 that I purchased about 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I just unpacked it from being stored for approx. 6 months (due to building a house) and hooked it up. When I press the power/standby button the system turns on for 2-3 seconds then shuts down. The led light next the the power/standby button flashes once it shuts down (normally the led light will remain lit once the system is turned off in normal operation). I have unplugged all speaker wires, RCA's, and all other compenent wires and tired to turn the system back on to no avail. I have even unplugged the system, waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in without luck. If you have any suggestions they would be appreciated.

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
Self protection circuit has been activated in both cases. It's because a shortcut; check all cables as Gene said before and check the power cord too. Send to service if you can't find anything. Don't open the rear panel because it's to dangerous.

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
If all else fails, turn it off, unplug everything (except the A/C plug!) from the receiver and turn it back on. If it works, you've got a short in one of the cables or in what's connected by the cable. It should be pretty easy to figure out which one.

R

rudecast

Audiophyte
Just bought a NEW ONKYO HTS570 and it does not work

Unregistered said:
I have an Onkyo receiver that is about 5 years old. The model # is 575 and it has been great until a few days ago. I turned it off Saturday night (it was working fine), the when I turned it on Sunday morning it turns on fine, but after about 2 seconds it turns itself off. Anyone have a clue what could cause this?

I bought a new onkyo HTS 570, pluged in the speakers and the system does not stay on. From what I've read it seams that the amp protection may be activated. Does anyone know how I can DEACTIVATE the amp. protection?

R

ruadmaa

Banned
Amp Protection

"Does anyone know how I can DEACTIVATE the amp. protection?"

If you do manage to deactive your amp protection you will most likely fry your amp. The protection is there for a reason, you amp obviously has problems and needs repaired.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
A brandy new, out of the box unit doesn't work?

rudecast said:
I bought a new onkyo HTS 570, pluged in the speakers and the system does not stay on. From what I've read it seams that the amp protection may be activated. Does anyone know how I can DEACTIVATE the amp. protection?
This is a no brainer. Take it (or send it) back to the store NOW!

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
If both amps had the same problem and you connected them to the same outlet (the old one that was working good and the new one that turned off) maybe it's something wrong with your electrical system and that's why the amp protection keeps turning the receivers off.

Or, there could simply be a wiring problem to the speakers or AT the speakers. Start with simple solutions then rewire the house. :)

P

philliip lomeli

Audiophyte
try to read the manual where it says trouble shooting. because it says to reset receiver.

If both amps had the same problem and you connected them to the same outlet (the old one that was working good and the new one that turned off) maybe it's something wrong with your electrical system and that's why the amp protection keeps turning the receivers off.
Try to reset the receiver to factory setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis