Tool34

Tool34

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys-

After posting here about other A/V receivers, I think I have narrowed it down to two brands, Denon and Onkyo. Specifically, I am debating between the Denon AVR 1200W, Denon AVR 720W and the Onkyo RZ-610. If anybody has experience with either of these models, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again

Chad

Tool34

Tool34

Audioholic Intern
Thanks guys. Ya, I have read a lot of not so flattering things about Onkyo receivers. However, this particular model has got good reviews from a few different forums I read. Thanks again.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks guys. Ya, I have read a lot of not so flattering things about Onkyo receivers. However, this particular model has got good reviews from a few different forums I read. Thanks again.
I wouldnt gamble on them. Remember these are entry level AVRs so go with the tried and true.

Tool34

Tool34

Audioholic Intern
Cutting corners is part of the game, in entry level AVRs?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Cutting corners is part of the game, in entry level AVRs?
Absolutely, there are almost always trade offs between them. With onks history, I certainly wouldn't ever recommend them.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would go with Denon any day. Denon/Marantz/Yamaha are brands are what I would look for.

Tool34

Tool34

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the info guys. Mind is made up. Will let you know how the setup goes. Thanks again

Enthusiastic Newbie

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis