Onkyo (not Pro) Separates announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sk11vengeance

Enthusiast
That sure seems Pro to me, 2700 dollars and they mention XLR connections. Their current Pro Pre-pro has that retail price tag and XLR.

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
That BD player has my name on it, the amp may too down the road when I move into a bigger place.:D

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
That sure seems Pro to me, 2700 dollars and they mention XLR connections. Their current Pro Pre-pro has that retail price tag and XLR.
FWIW pro gear tends to cost less than consumer gear apples to apples and xlr connections do not denote "pro".

Chatta

Chatta

Junior Audioholic
It comes with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master, and some say that you can use it with a notebook for a best audio setup.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
2700 for a pre-amp? I'm assuming it comes with it's own butler to turn this thing on and off.

With the UMC-1 from Emotiva only a fraction of the price, you would be hard pressed to justify spending the extra 2000 dollars.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
If its 2700MSRP, selling price will be probably a lot less.

Still, it doesn't have anything over my Onkyo Pro now that would make me want to upgrade. Height and width channels, maybe, but they barely have 7.1 material, let alone 9.1 material.

Knucklehead90

Knucklehead90

Audioholic
Onkyo should bring out a prepro based off their Integra DHC 40.1. For right at $1000 you can get the 40.1. It isn't pro and does not have balanced outs but it was attractive enough for me to step up and get one. It comes with MultEQ standard - along with Audyssey DSX - Dynamic EQ & Dynamic Volume.

I'll have it tomorrow. After waiting for a year for the UMC-1 - then hearing the problems first users are having its looking like a better move than ever.

$2000+ for a prepro is more than I'm willing to shell out.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I think we'll need to wait for more info on these units. The Onkyo PR-SC5503 is supposedly going to be sold to take advantage of Onkyo's distribution channels, not Onkyo Pro or Integra, throwing a wider net I guess. We should see these available through Amazon, J&R, etc..

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
2700 for a pre-amp? I'm assuming it comes with it's own butler to turn this thing on and off.

With the UMC-1 from Emotiva only a fraction of the price, you would be hard pressed to justify spending the extra 2000 dollars.
If you're well off, who cares? :D

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Disregard!!!

Totally erroneous info.:eek:

Could a moderator close or delete this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis