Onkyo - Integra difference

E

E.J.W.

Enthusiast
Ok, it's 2010 and I need a new receiver with HDMI !!!
I've been looking at the Onkyo TX-NR807 and the Integra DTR-40.1 receivers. I know the two are similar but other then a few watts and a couple of different plugs on the back, is there any big internal differences in the Onkyo to their premium Integra line?
Thanks
E.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
In general, Onkyo and Integra internals are the same.

One difference between the two specific models you mentioned is that the 40.1 is ISF certified. IMO, from what I have seen, displays seem to continually be improving in calibration flexibility as it is, so your need for those adjustments will be somewhere between slim and none is my guess. I don't know, YMMV there.

It looks like the ISF includes ISFccc, which means you should be able to calibrate independently for day vs night for the sources connected. What I don't know is how involved/flexible these adjustments are. My guess is that they are basic, but then OTOH even basic controls could be useful if you do split your viewing between high and low ambient light conditions.

Knucklehead90

Knucklehead90

Audioholic
All new Integra's come with a 3 year warranty vs 2 for Onkyo.

Just something to think about.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
IIRC, Secrets measured the Integra line slightly better than the Onkyo line because although the designs and internals are similar the components used in the Integra line are better.

I haven't compared the sound quality so sorry I can't contribute more.

P

PCTools

Audiophyte
Denon AVR-3310???

Looks like you are in the same position as me.

I am "also" researching a new unit, and have my eye on the Denon 3310. I like the HD Radio and Odyssey features. Then, with Anchor Bay.

How do you feel about the Denon products?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis