Onkyo HT-S5600's receiver - One speaker terminal not working on receiver.

K

Kllez

Audiophyte
Hello,
I am a beginner in home theater, and after reading tons of review, I bought a Onkyo HT-S5600.
I set it up, everything worked fine.
But after unplugging everything and plugging it back to hide the wires, no sound comes from the right "surround back". The speaker and wire work fine, as I tried it in an other terminal, so the problem seems to be with the receiver.

Is there a quick fix to this? The whole system is only days old, and I'm already getting problems.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

TL: DR ; One channel stopped working. What do?

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new gear!

I'd suggest first going into the speaker setup menu and making sure that the receiver is set up for 7.1. If it's setup for 5.1 or 6.1, that speaker terminal won't output any audio. The way to check is to make sure that the "Surr Back" option has either "Small" or "Large" listed and that "Surr Back Ch" says "2ch." Something may have been reset when you unplugged everything (assuming that you unplugged the receiver, too). You can also rerun the auto setup routine - and if you haven't run it at all, I highly recommend doing that.

K

Kllez

Audiophyte
Thank you for the warm welcome, Adam !

I can't thank you enough, you were right.
It seems like the settings got reset with the receiver got unplugged.
I changed the "Surr Back Ch" from "1ch" to "2ch", and the one causing problems now works.

Problem is, now 2 other speakers (surround back left and surround left) doesn't work. I'll mess in the settings a bit more and try to fix it.

Again, thank you Adam, I thought it was a lot worse!

Edit: You recommend running the auto setup routine. I can't find it anywhere is the setup menu..

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent! Well, excellent that the one is working - not so excellent that now two more aren't. :eek: :D

Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't see your edit earlier. Check out page 26 of the owner's manual for the auto setup. If you have any trouble with that, just let us know.

K

Kllez

Audiophyte
Oh right, you mean the setup with the microphone ?
That's done, thanks.

I fixed the two speakers, all is well !

You've been a great help, I can not thank you enough !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis