One sub sounds louder than the other

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
This did not even occur to me. Right now I have the gains set exactly the same on both. I have an android app spl meter too. I don't know about it's accuracy, but it should work for level matching. Great tip Shady.
I personally have S7 and when I compare its spl meter app to real spl meter there is quite big difference in readings between them. In my experience spl app only gives you rough estimate of spl while true spl meter gives you accurate readings.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I personally have S7 and when I compare its spl meter app to real spl meter there is quite big difference in readings between them. In my experience spl app only gives you rough estimate of spl while true spl meter gives you accurate readings.
Yeah, I don't have a proper spl meter, but I know I'm getting more than what that app tells me where I sit. if it's off, but consistently off I should be able to get them level matched... I hope.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yeah, I don't have a proper spl meter, but I know I'm getting more than what that app tells me where I sit. if it's off, but consistently off I should be able to get them level matched... I hope.
Well I personally got levels matched better by ear than my phone.. Phone microphone is not really meant for accurate slp measuring I suppose.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ah, I see. that makes sense too. Especially for deeper tones.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Pogre,
Come on dude, you can own a classic analog SPL for $10 bucks. It doubles as a piece of audio history.
the Radio Shack analog version
the Radio Shack digital version

Granted, the digital version is no where near as cool as the analog version with the bouncing VU meter.
But the digital version is only $5 bucks. I have the analog meter from waaaaaay back in the day. Even as old as it is, it still works and looks like I know what I'm doing. I obviously have no idea what I'm doing half the time. If I could figure out which half of the time I do know, well, I'd have something.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre,
Come on dude, you can own a classic analog SPL for $10 bucks. It doubles as a piece of audio history.
the Radio Shack analog version
the Radio Shack digital version

Granted, the digital version is no where near as cool as the analog version with the bouncing VU meter.
But the digital version is only $5 bucks. I have the analog meter from waaaaaay back in the day. Even as old as it is, it still works and looks like I know what I'm doing. I obviously have no idea what I'm doing half the time. If I could figure out which half of the time I do know, well, I'd have something.
/Facepalm. Alright Buck. I'll pick one up tomorrow.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Lol! IMO it's a great addition to the toolbox, and like buck said. It's a part of history. Although I do have a digital one. I personally do not trust the mic in my phone, or one in a laptop for accuracy. I don't believe the frequency response is suited accordingly. Maybe I'm ignorant but I'm none the wiser then! I did even use my spl meter as a mic for REW, before I got my umik-1. There's actually a curve available for it on hts. Sure beats graph paper and test tones lol. You'll be glad you did. Another good investment is a small camera tripod to mount the spl meter on. Makes it easier to get it at head height.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Lol! IMO it's a great addition to the toolbox, and like buck said. It's a part of history. Although I do have a digital one. I personally do not trust the mic in my phone, or one in a laptop for accuracy. I don't believe the frequency response is suited accordingly. Maybe I'm ignorant but I'm none the wiser then! I did even use my spl meter as a mic for REW, before I got my umik-1. There's actually a curve available for it on hts. Sure beats graph paper and test tones lol. You'll be glad you did. Another good investment is a small camera tripod to mount the spl meter on. Makes it easier to get it at head height.
I still have the cardboard tripod Denon included with my last AVR. It'll work perfect.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis