Once again: what are you listening to now?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
theturncoat said:
So those are a few bands I enjoy. However my favorite bands/albums would have to be The Mars Volta/Frances the Mute, Every Time I Die/Hot Damn!, or Thursday/Full Collapse. If you're into hardcore you would probably like Every Time I Die, and I would suggest checking out Fear Before the March of Flames and Since By Man. Both bands play amazing shows live, and they both toured not too long ago with the Fall of Troy (amazing as well) and Bear vs. Shark. It was a freakin' awesome concert.
I will definately check them out.

Have you heard The Blood Brothers? Awesome band with a sound I have never heard before.

SheepStar

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Awful quiet around here lately. Anyone listening to anything interesting?

S

StanTheMan

Audiophyte
Rosanne Cash - Black Cadillac
Blue Rodeo - Are You Ready
The Byrds - Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hawkeye said:
Awful quiet around here lately. Anyone listening to anything interesting?
Yep.

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans
Every Time I Die - Gutter Phenomenon
The Crystal Method - Legion of Boom
Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing
Neverending White Lights

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
glad the neighbors are on vacation

right now i got rollins band 'come in & burn' going,after that im movin on to pantera then maybe some tool.

hifiman

hifiman

Audioholic
I recently discovered She Wants Revenge, Blind Boys of Alabama, and the latest White Stripes. Good stuff

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I just bought five Beatles CDs: Revolver; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band; Magical Mystery Tour; Yellow Submarine (second half is kinda dull); and Abbey Road. Listening to them over the last few days has made this kid very happy, but it's mildly disconcerting to know that I'm listening to stuff that my dad likes! *shudder* I just need to find Rubber Soul and The White Album at decent prices and I'll be even happier.

And a couple of days ago, I was in audio bliss as I listened to the hi-res surround mix of Blue Man Group's The Complex. I just can't get enough of the song "Sing Along" -- I can hear that all day and not get tired of it. And the video for it is just too cute for words!

cheers,
supervij

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Kate Bush - Lionheart
Steely Dan - Countdown To Ecstasy
John Serrie - And The Stars Go With You
The Northern Pikes - Big Blue Sky
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Uncle Charlie & His Dog Teddy
Andrew Powell and the Philharmonic Orchestra Play the Best of the Alan Parsons Project
The Greatful Dead - Wake of the Flood

Oh, and snippets of three new David Gilmour songs from "On an Island" courtesy of an online UK radio station.

Last edited:
S

ScottMayo

Audioholic
Brain repair

Right now:

Steve Tibbetts/Exploded View/Name Everything

Through good speakers, processed into multichannel (PL2/Music), at +90db, in a darkened room.

Pure carthesis.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
My current playlist consists of:

Josh Williams
Wildfire
Kenny & Amanda Smith
Del McCoury
Bluegrass 2001
Ross Nickerson

Listening through my Advent Smaller Loudpspeakers temporarily connected to a Peavy PA amp because my inexpensive receiver doesn't do them justice.

Damn these are amazing speakers! Anyone blindfolded in this room would swear there was a subwoofer and that the speakers cost thousands of dollars.

The music is great too! Excellent instrumentals and vocals.

J

jbracing24

Junior Audioholic
Dire Straits...Brothers in Arms 20th Anniversary Edition on SACD.

My first multi channel disc (could never find anything I liked), but saw the review in Sound & Vision. I don't have the original soundtrack to compare but multi channel is the way to go.

S

ScottMayo

Audioholic
supervij said:
And a couple of days ago, I was in audio bliss as I listened to the hi-res surround mix of Blue Man Group's The Complex. I just can't get enough of the song "Sing Along" -- I can hear that all day and not get tired of it. And the video for it is just too cute for words!
Cute? Dude, that song's a commentary on isolation amd insecurity... :)

My all-time winner for "musical gut-wrencher" is on that album - Exhibit 13. With the associated video, that one hits me, every single time.

Great album.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
A commentary on isolation and insecurity, yes, no question -- but look at that dog and what he does and tell me that doesn't put a smile on your face!

And I have to agree with the video for Exhibit 13; it hit me like a ton of bricks the first time I saw/heard it, and I still get a lump in my throat every time I hear it. It's been a while, but I seem to remember that it was also pretty powerful on their live DVD. The falling papers are projected on the entire front wall of the stage, and it seemed much more immediate and involving in their live setting. Check it out sometime.

My "musical gut-wrencher" is Kate Bush's song This Woman's Work (from her A Sensual World album). Especially associated with its video, but even on its own, it brings me to tears every damn time. A strapping, macho guy like me! Disgusting.

cheers,
supervij

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
David Gilmour - On An Island - Really liking it it so far.

Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous

Audioholic
Favorite new ones (and soon to be released -- I review promos sometimes) --

Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
The Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics
Hawksley Workman - Treeful of Starling

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
frank zappa & the mothers of invention.

roxy & else where.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Jimmy Eat World - Pain (this song went under the radar).
Fall Out Boy - Dance Dance (Song)
Death Cab For Cutie - Pans (Album)

SheepStar

B

BMO

Junior Audioholic
Cd's
Shpongle- Tales of the inexspressable
Ray Montford-Shed Your Skin
B-Tribe -Sensual Sensual
Enthneogenic- Dialog of the Speakers

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
BMO said:
Cd's
Shpongle- Tales of the inexspressable
Since I never miss an opportunity to insert a shameless Alan Parsons plug - Parsons' latest cd, is in the electronica genre, and called "A Valid Path." It was actually released about a year and a half ago and features Simon Posford (Shpongle), on the killer opening track, "Return To Tunguska" The track also feature some searing guitar work from none other than David Gilmour. Also appearing on the cd with Parsons are The Crystal Method, Uberzone, The Nortec Collective, and more...

The 5.1 Dual Disc version is (finally) due out April 4th. Last summer I had a chance to listen to an advanced copy of it in 5.1 and all I can say is.."WOW!!"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EPFD4E/qid=1142113779/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/102-2606312-4413724?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis