Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
here's all I got on PL11 :A receiver with Pro Logic IIz can divvy up the front soundstage audio.
I don't run my system in anything but 2.1 so even though I have those settings, I don't ever try 'em out
I normally use stereo too but some of the electronica/dubstep kind of stuff uses sounds that are not conventional and to me, are fun to hear in an unusual way. Kinda like a movie track.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh yeah, you have a newer one with atmos huh? They don't have pro logic, so the one you'd use is Dolby surround. However, that's the atmos upsampler so I'm not sure how good it would work. No harm in trying though. If it knows you don't have atmos speakers it might work similarly.
Yup. Atmos that I'll probably never use... I'll give it a shot in Dolby surround later and see how it fares.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
here's all I got on PL11 :A receiver with Pro Logic IIz can divvy up the front soundstage audio.
I don't run my system in anything but 2.1 so even though I have those settings, I don't ever try 'em out
I'm strictly 2.2 for music listening as well, but it'll be interesting to check out Wil's suggestion in a different format.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, Dolby Surround (atmos style) supplanted Dolby PLIIx/z. I've read reports that it's an improvement even in same speaker setups as PLIIx/z were used. PLIIx matrixed up to 7.1 using rear surrounds; PLIIz added front heights.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
artists with a huge catalog have the advantage of playing some of their classics with a new twist.
sometimes its a bust, but sometimes it really hits the mark and can be better than the original.
here's one that maybe better than the original.

ERIC CLAPTON WHITE ROOM

Check out the drummer, Steve Jordan. If you don't like his drummin', you just don't like drummin.:)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
artists with a huge catalog have the advantage of playing some of their classics with a new twist.
sometimes its a bust, but sometimes it really hits the mark and can be better than the original.

ERIC CLAPTON WHITE ROOM

Check out the drummer, Steve Jordan. If you don't like his drummin', you just don't like drummin.:)
Sunshine of Your Love....link didn't get White Room....good stuff!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

ERIC CLAPTON WHITE ROOM

Nice one buck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis