Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sad day Cuba Gooding Sr has passed. He was in The Main Ingredients. I was listening to their songs on YouTube a couple of weeks ago. One of their biggest hits.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Groovy bass scores!

Play On Bernard! So fluent! May he RIP!

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
More Bernard! Notice how he makes that bass dance! Amazing!

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Bernard Edwards one of the best bass players ever! May he RIP!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@Pogre
Been going through this this morning with dynamicEq on, and PLIIx. I usually go with stereo but dubstep is so....different like that, it's like being in tron.
This was supposed to link to the whole album "unlimited". Might have to go to YouTube.

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Timeless....except for the older guys singing it now :)
these guys are timeless. Unique. How many pop/rock/new musicians wrote tunes the same year as S&G performed and in the years and decades since? How much of that music is listenable today? How much will be listenable 50 years from now? What ever "it" is, these guys had it and to a degree Paul Simon still has it "after all these years".

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre
Been going through this this morning with dynamicEq on, and PLIIx. I usually go with stereo but dubstep is so....different like that, it's like being in tron.
This was supposed to link to the whole album "unlimited". Might have to go to YouTube.
I can't find a PLIIx setting in my menus. I can scroll through different formats including dolby surround, DTX Neural :X, multi channel stereo, rock arena, etc. No PLIIx tho.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I can't find a PLIIx setting in my menus. I can scroll through different formats including dolby surround, DTX Neural :X, multi channel stereo, rock arena, etc. No PLIIx tho.
Oh yeah, you have a newer one with atmos huh? They don't have pro logic, so the one you'd use is Dolby surround. However, that's the atmos upsampler so I'm not sure how good it would work. No harm in trying though. If it knows you don't have atmos speakers it might work similarly.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
here's all I got on PL11 :A receiver with Pro Logic IIz can divvy up the front soundstage audio.
I don't run my system in anything but 2.1 so even though I have those settings, I don't ever try 'em out

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis