Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Says; "Video not available."
Yeah didn't test it, think they're protective of rights, Amazon doesn't have it as part of their service either and the cd prices are high ($25 for used and up)

ps Only put the youtube videos as a link due tradition.....I don't listen that way

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Sometimes we need some contrast so we can appreciate a piece of art, or a performance, or a meal.
Contrast gives us context to more completely appreciate something.
Here is a song I will bet most of you will find completely unlistenable. I think this performance is a great example of why disco music should actually be considered a hate crime.

PENNY MCCLEAN. LADY BUMP. 1975

If you can watch the entire video, you get 2 extra AH bonus points. I don't know what you can use the bonus points for, but you get 2 extra ones. You will also appreciate your favorite tunes a little more.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sometimes we need some contrast so we can appreciate a piece of art, or a performance, or a meal.
Contrast gives us context to more completely appreciate something.
Here is a song I will bet most of you will find completely unlistenable. I think this performance is a great example of why disco music should actually be considered a hate crime.

PENNY MCCLEAN. LADY BUMP. 1975

If you can watch the entire video, you get 2 extra AH bonus points. I don't know what you can use the bonus points for, but you get 2 extra ones. You will also appreciate your favorite tunes a little more.
LOL I got bonus points! Thought she was singing "lazy bum" for a while there. Fairly big hit in Europe it seems tho for the life of me I don't know why. So in order to counter that,

Frank Zappa - Disco Boy

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
LOL I got bonus points! Thought she was singing "lazy bum" for a while there. Fairly big hit in Europe it seems tho for the life of me I don't know why. So in order to counter that,

Frank Zappa - Disco Boy
I think her scream in the lyrics is just off the charts bad..............like really, really bad.......so bad it makes this a funny performance to watch

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Buck, nice avatar! What's in the glass? Lol

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Buck, nice avatar! What's in the glass? Lol
its the great thing about artwork, meaning is assigned by the beholder. In this case, you can imagine the glass to contain any magical elixer that suits your fancy. For me, I'm going for the hardstuff. Dr. Pepper.:D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
its the great thing about artwork, meaning is assigned by the beholder. In this case, you can imagine the glass to contain any magical elixer that suits your fancy. For me, I'm going for the hardstuff. Dr. Pepper.:D
Must be hard Dr Pepper with the fire breathing'!

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Another bad, bad song. Sometimes you just gotta listen to one to appreciate your normal tunes.
I believe one of William Shatners songs was voted in to the Top 10 Worst Songs ever collections.
This one is pure torture to watch and listen to. You must skip the first 1:00 minute to get to the actual "singing". Make sure you are sitting down and have your meds up to date.

William Shatner. Rocket Man

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
LOL Shatner! In the spirit of the latest selections I threw on this (yes I actually own a copy) to see how long I can take it

Dread Zeppelin - 5,000,000*
I tried "when the levee breaks" , one of my favorite Zeppelin tracks.
This track sounded like a bad Vegas Elvis Impersonator doing Zeppelin. I haven't had that audio pleasure before.

Most folks don't know it, but this song is a cover song for Zeppelin: they didn't write it. I think if you look at a lot of their hits, they didn't write them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I tried "when the levee breaks" , one of my favorite Zeppelin tracks.
This track sounded like a bad Vegas Elvis Impersonator doing Zeppelin. I haven't had that audio pleasure before.

Most folks don't know it, but this song is a cover song for Zeppelin: they didn't write it. I think if you look at a lot of their hits, they didn't write them
LOL his main gig was as an Elvis impersonator guy named Greg "Tortelvis" Tortell (big guy too so there's a visual there)....been a long time since I picked that up for laughs. Yeah a lot of Zeppelin stuff is rooted in traditional blues and believe they have been accused of a bit of plagiarism by a few....I got about halfway through it mostly because I had my hands full in the kitchen :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis