Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
MrBoat:
Lets try some more Jazz, but lets switch horns.
Rick Braun. Body and Soul. Notorius.
Lovely, velvety sound.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
On the Four80east youtube channel, they have a bunch of their music categorized into subjects like; music for grooving, music for spying, driving, blazing, chilling etc.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlHSn0iwyYJg9LQETZ5R_Q
I listened to 4 or 5 of their songs on the link. My CD will arrive tomorrow. That will be my first four 80 east. I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up on this group. I may end up with more by the end of the week:)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
First one wasn't for me. Liked the last two. I think you were trying to test my new sub. CAn only imagine what that last cut sounds like coming from those 18's. lol
LOL, they're selections from a playlist called "20hz" on Spotify.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've seen these guys live many times and Steven solo many times. Always an excellent live show. Pic is from the In Absentia tour!! It was one of the best:

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've seen these guys live many times and Steven solo many times. Always an excellent live show. Pic is from the In Absentia tour!! It was one of the best:

One of my favorite artists now....and missed Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson up until a friend turned me on to them in late 2012/early 2013.

I saw them in May 2013 at the Fillmore, The Raven that Refused to Sing tour, definitely an awesome show. However, I showed up with less than ideal ear protection (i.e. none)....was at that show I started to worry about my hearing as that was the first concert ever I had to leave early due to discomfort. May have just been other things going on with me at the time, too (had gone to Stone Foxes show less than a week earlier) but I have been saner with volumes since. They had a great setup but just too much spl for my old ears....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Love PT. Steven is a genius. Gavin Harrison is one of my favorites of all "time".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One of my favorite artists now....and missed Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson up until a friend turned me on to them in late 2012/early 2013.

I saw them in May 2013 at the Fillmore, The Raven that Refused to Sing tour, definitely an awesome show. However, I showed up with less than ideal ear protection (i.e. none)....was at that show I started to worry about my hearing as that was the first concert ever I had to leave early due to discomfort. May have just been other things going on with me at the time, too (had gone to Stone Foxes show less than a week earlier) but I have been saner with volumes since. They had a great setup but just too much spl for my old ears....
I ALWAYS take plugs to their shows after seeing them the first time. A lot of venues will give out plugs - At the warfield you give a donation at the coat check and they'll give you some. Not sure about the Fillmore. Every one of their shows, including SW solo, are very loud. The In Absentia tour was at the Warfield, but I saw them at the Fillmore too with Adrian Belew and one of his side projects. Very cool show because they played the entire Fear of a Blank Planet album before it was released and then did a shortened regular set. I had tickets for the Raven tour at the Fillmore and got sick :( I had to sell my tix. I think it is the only show since 2010 that I haven't made it to see him/them.

Saw him most recently at The Masonic and I hope he goes there again:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/steven-wilson-the-masonic-in-sf.105497/

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I ALWAYS take plugs to their shows after seeing them the first time. A lot of venues will give out plugs - At the warfield you give a donation at the coat check and they'll give you some. Not sure about the Fillmore. Every one of their shows, including SW solo, are very loud. The In Absentia tour was at the Warfield, but I saw them at the Fillmore too with Adrian Belew and one of his side projects. Very cool show because they played the entire Fear of a Blank Planet album before it was released and then did a shortened regular set. I had tickets for the Raven tour at the Fillmore and got sick :( I had to sell my tix. I think it is the only show since 2010 that I haven't made it to see him/them.

Saw him most recently at The Masonic and I hope he goes there again:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/steven-wilson-the-masonic-in-sf.105497/
I think a bit more than half way thru the set I did get a pair of foam plugs to use from a friend who had some spares (didn't even think to see if they were available/for sale at the venue and had left mine at home), but it was too late in any case, headache had started by then. I much prefer a venue more acoustically friendly for shows in general; pretty much why I stopped going to most major bands' shows a while back (I worked at many, used to do international tour logistics).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Fillmore doesn't have great acoustics IMO, it is just very cool. Warfield and Masonic have much better acoustics. He made a comment at the show that he liked The Masonic, so I have a feeling they'll be there again.

If you don't have this unplugged EP, it is worth having. Excellent recording.

Also, fans of these guys MUST OWN the DVD-As of In Absentia and Deadwing. I was introdcuced to them by a friend with the DVD-A and I went out and bought it immediately. Some of the best multi-channel music around.

https://www.amazon.com/Absentia-Porcupine-Tree/dp/B00016POFE/ref=tmm_dva_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1485986333&sr=8-9

Whoa, Deadwing is $99 on Amazon, so see if you can track it down elsewhere...

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't have that one, thanks! Most of mine are dvd or bluray. Love Steven's remixes of ELP and other classic bands, too. Do you have the first Storm Corrosion album (collaboration with Steven and the Opeth guy)? Just noticed there seems to be a second now....going to go find and listen. :)

I think even Winterland acoustics were better than the current Fillmore....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis