On Line Retailers (http://www.independentaudiovideo.com in particular)

A

AV Pilot

Audiophyte
I've seen a few audio/video retailer web sites that appeared shady--mostly prices too good to be true. I've been attempting to research Independent Audio Video but haven't come up with much information. I found a couple complaints through the BBB but not much. I've searched the forum trying to determine if this is a legitimate retailer.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Never heard of 'em but sometimes you've got to follow yer gut instinct.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like gray market products. They are most likely the real deal.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Beware. I've had dealings with this fellow for a pair of LS50's that went awry. :mad:

search some previous posts.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I've seen a few audio/video retailer web sites that appeared shady--mostly prices too good to be true. I've been attempting to research Independent Audio Video but haven't come up with much information. I found a couple complaints through the BBB but not much. I've searched the forum trying to determine if this is a legitimate retailer.

Does anyone have any experience with them?
I just checked that site out. Pricing is nothing great. I can get a Marantz AV 8801 for $2300.oo (list $3600.oo) Dealer cost is less then $1800.oo so at $2225.oo they still make a nice little profit. Now the company I don't know anything about, like I said pricing is not that great.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis