OLED: Is LG the only company that has OLED displays?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
LG and Samsung are two of the major suppliers for LCD glass panels used for many major manufacturers. I believe they are sharing production lines for the 98" glass which everyone else repurposes.

But, for OLED, I believe LG stands alone with their product at this time. We likely will see OLET coming from others, but it will be a game of pricing vs. quality much as we saw over the years with Pioneer and Kuro displays.

If LG can drop pricing enough, they will really blow out the market if they are able to maintain quality and reliability. The OLED displays I've seen have been excellent. But, I'm still after a 90"+ display, which LG doesn't deliver on except for traditional LCD.

At the end of it all, there's one thing you can count on. Pricing will drop and quality will improve.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I beg to differ. Only OLED has Infinite Contrast Ratio. Only OLED needs NO back lighting nor edge lighting. Only OLED has the Widest off axis viewing and the best Colors. Period.
You can beg all you want but that doesn't change anything. OLED is a display technology, 4K is a display specification.

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
I can only assume you're trolling now.
You are referring to older 2K OLED. Not even close. IMHO, there is no UHD sets that comes close to 4K OLED, including SUHD. HAVE YOU EVER EVEN LOOKED AT CURRENT OLED'S? I doubt it.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You are referring to older 2K OLED. Not even close. IMHO, there is no UHD sets that comes close to 4K OLED, including SUHD. HAVE YOU EVER EVEN LOOKED AT CURRENT OLED'S? I doubt it.
What he's saying is that you aren't making a proper direct comparison here.

Your argument would be similar to saying "THX Select 2 is way better than 5.1 surround".

One is a technology and the other is a specification.

Apples to oranges

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis