old receivers, amps and subwoofers

F

fwfell

Audiophyte
Hello,
I have accumulated in the last ten years a 150 w/ch haffler amp, a pioneer receiver, and a 400w JBL subwoofer. All work and have been little used, but they've been replaced with newer components in my system. Although they were expensive and very competent in their time, now they just take up storage space. They're not worth selling, but I hate to dispose of them. Are there any uses for them in a modern A/V system?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I would say the amp could easily be put to use. What do use for a receiver in your ht now? Using the Hafler to power the mains would take some pressure off the receiver and give you more headroom.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Hafler amplifiers tend to hold their value quite well.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Start a bedroom system, or as mentioned use the amp to drive your mains and 2 subs in a system are better than one. Put the reciever in your garage and add two cheap speakers so you have tunes when you work out there.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Amps don't really go "out of style". As long as they work, there's no reason to get rid of them unless you really don't need them. As Seth mentioned, you can probably get decent money for that amp, especially if you get it nice and cleaned up. Not sure about the JBL sub, as it will depend on the exact model, but you can probably get something for it and give it a new home at the same time via Craigslist or something similar.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis