Old Home Cinema im trying to restore. Need Help.

D

Diogo Pedroso

Audiophyte
Helloo , so i have a samsung HT-DL100 its a very old one it has like 15 years i guess.

It is this one http://www.theatresystem-manual.com/samsung-ht-dl100.html

It had many problems , audio ports not working dvd not working and i got it fixed but i have a problem that i cant find out how to fix it , it strats all ok , at low volume it goes for like 2h working but when i put volume up it just works for like 30 seconds and then the sound starts cracking like a lot i cant hear the music/video no more , its inaudible, i checked and all capacitors are ok i guess.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, that's not worth fixing. I'd trash it and start over. If you have a budget for some speakers and a receiver we can offer some suggestions.

D

Diogo Pedroso

Audiophyte
Men the sound of this is very good for an old one , but wats the problem of it do u know? :l
It was from my father (sry bad english) i want it to be a 100%

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'll look past this being the wrong section for this post since english isn't your first language, but I cannot understate the importance of NOT trying to fix that unit. Repair cost will exceed the cost of a new unit and isn't worth the effort.

Sorry, but you are better off buying new/used gear that is still in working order. Also, don't get hung up on buying a new HTIB (home theater in a box) because you are always going to get better quality with a system you put together yourself. It doesn't have to be expensive either.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
FWIW I found a couple of links in a q&a that might be helpful, but in all seriousness if you have to spend money to fix it you're better off starting over.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis