Ohm selection for Denon 4311ci

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Is the setting via Denon's setup the same as my Yamaha amp?
I know to leave the Yamaha at 8 ohms, but just want to make sure the Denon is not a different execution which should ne handled differently.
Thanks.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Leave it at the default (8ohm) setting. Switching it 4 ohms gains you nothing and will only degrade the receiver's performance.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Is the setting via Denon's setup the same as my Yamaha amp?
I know to leave the Yamaha at 8 ohms, but just want to make sure the Denon is not a different execution which should ne handled differently.
Thanks.
It is hard to know for sure. My guess is that they are similar, so leave it at 8 ohms as long as you won't accidentally push the amp beyond its capability.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
True, I've seen lab results on the Yamaha showing exactly what it does. Never seen that thorough of a treatment of the Denon.
I limit the volume at 0dB, so hopefully that will keep the amp and speakers safe (though it does put my ears at risk).

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I read that one twice.:D He's talking about the AVR-4311 though.
the principle is the same regardless of model #. It boggles my mind after all we've written about impedance switches that people are still considering to use the low setting :(

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
the principle is the same regardless of model #. It boggles my mind after all we've written about impedance switches that people are still considering to use the low setting :(
I agree with you but there is an excuse now that they do the switching via software in the setting as that may lead people to think it is something different.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis