oh no!! lost my 2500 remote :(

P

parkerbender

Audioholic
well, it's official, i havn't been able to find my remote for my yamaha v-2500 for a week, can a person get another one for a reasonable price or is someone going to convince me to get a harmony? i really don't have much cash to brun right now, is there a $50 solution? i am getting tired of getting up al the time, but i just lost my job and school starts in a week, so, if there's a simple solution, or if one of you has an old 2500 remote you dont want... :)
thanks for any advice,
-parker

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
mx-500 on ebay

good luck

email yamaha, you never know.

L-Jay

L-Jay

Junior Audioholic
My JVC tv remote was damaged and I called JVC and had a new one shipped to me. It cost about $35. Try calling Yamaha customer service.

M

mnnc

Full Audioholic
parkerbender said:
well, it's official, i havn't been able to find my remote for my yamaha v-2500 for a week, can a person get another one for a reasonable price or is someone going to convince me to get a harmony? i really don't have much cash to brun right now, is there a $50 solution? i am getting tired of getting up al the time, but i just lost my job and school starts in a week, so, if there's a simple solution, or if one of you has an old 2500 remote you dont want... :)
thanks for any advice,
-parker

Do a google search and go to remotes dot com or something like that. Type in remote controls and check prices from several parts dealers. Perhaps ebay is an option. There are places that sell original remotes for much less than dealer or manufacturer. I would not order one from Yam...you will pay dearly.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
P

parkerbender

Audioholic
anyone tried the radioshack kameleon

has anyone tried the radioshack kameleon? i don't necessarily think it is a great looking remote but does it work well? also, does it have different keypads for different components or is the kameleon thing just that you can't see the buttons when it's off? also, does anyone know if it has codes for my 2500? finally (as if i hadn't asked enough questions yet, ) what remote is everyone else using for their 2500, other than the factory remote? thanks!

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
If you really want the low-down on all of the available remotes, the best resource is http://www.remotecentral.com, especially their reviews and forums.

I have never seen anything good said about the kameleon. If you are going to spend around $80 for the kameleon you would be far better off taking the prior suggestion to get a HTM MX-500.

A cheaper alternative would be the URC-8811 or URC-8810w (same thing but sold at walmart) - less than $20. They do have built-in codes for all the major brands and you can program it on your computer with a special 'jp1' cable (see remotecentral for info on that). People upload device configurations for these remotes and there very well could be one already setup for your receiver.

Lastly, replacementremotes.com sells oem remotes. Might try that if you want another original remote.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis