3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
A Sci-Fi that's getting good reviews for both audio and video . I'm thinking of picking this one up. Has anyone seen it?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Had it pre-ordered. Curious to see what it looks like and how it sounds.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought the blu-ray last night and I'm hoping to be able to watch it this weekend.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I seen it before it came out on the amazon prime, its OK, my father in law was over and wanted to see it so I bought it early, I give it 3 stars, I hate when the hints to the plot twist are too obvious and I end up watching the movie knowing whats going to happen in the end, something about a movie that you can't wait to be over sucks, I like when I am shutting the HT down saying, "I hope they make a part 2" vs 3/4's of the way through saying "how much longer is this"... But its watchable, buyable, not IMO, but I didn't figure this out until I bought it...
Mud was OK and we watched Olympus over the weekend also OK.. I just haven't seen any GREAT movies lately, losing faith...

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
question that's also a spoiler

how come the black box for their ship is in the "sleep module". shouldn't it be in the cockpit ... even if it wasn't in the cockpit, they ejected the module and the black box continued on recording

C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
I disagree with imc . Both oblivion and mud were excellent I thought. Almost every movie you know.somewhat how it ends. For me.both had my attention the whole time.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It got 5 for SQ/PQ on bluray.com. I might get it.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
heres a excerpt from a review which is what I was trying to say but obviously not a pro reviewer...

"There's action but little excitement, spectacle without thrill. You are able to appreciate the visual effects that create a version of Earth wracked by catastrophic natural phenomena and left in ruin for years - mostly because the story itself requires so little thinking."

that is exactly how I felt, never really excited any of us, the visual effects and sound was good, but no real excitement, maybe because you dont really care about any of the characters, there isn't much of a background given, maybe if they had tom cruise save a puppy in the beginning you would be worried when he is in peril?? I don't know, just didn't impress me.... I liked battleship more :I

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
I liked the camera work and sound in oblivion . Mud appealed to me cuz I had a cousin growing up who had a dirt bike and was a lot like the main character boy. Thought it really nailed that time period for boys in a small town.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I liked the camera work and sound in oblivion . Mud appealed to me cuz I had a cousin growing up who had a dirt bike and was a lot like the main character boy. Thought it really nailed that time period for boys in a small town.
What time period? its set in current time lol, the cars in the Piggly Wiggly are all late models, I'm thinking its a present day movie, and the main character had the boat the other kid neckbone had the bike... as for the camera work in Oblivion that movie has to be 98 percent green screen and SE, I would be surprised if the actors ever met, lol {joking of course}, and it felt like Morgan freeman was just there so they could get his name on the box, "Tom Cruise and morgan Freeman {who says 40 words the entire movie}" Im not saying they are terrible just not living up to the hype... Morgan freeman is at the point where he is just selling his appearance, he did some really good movies in his career shawshank is one of my favorite films, but lately Im watching movies because he is credited and they arent up to what I expect... like oblivian and olympus...

Last edited:
C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
Need to read a little closer cloud. Time period for boys. When you are 14-15. Don't need you to point out when the movie was made. You didn't relate to it or love it .. no worries . Movies are definitely subjective .

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Need to read a little closer cloud. Time period for boys. When you are 14-15. Don't need you to point out when the movie was made. You didn't relate to it or love it .. no worries . Movies are definitely subjective .
Relax there chief, I was just joking around, I read it closely, you said time period not age, but what ever, I had a dirtbikes from the time I was 8 to now and no I don't relate or love it... {the dirtbike had very little to do with the movie if anything at all, they could have been on a gocart and not changed the story} and it is subjective... not my fault your post makes it look like you never seen the movie ;), but thanks for clearing up you not needed me to point of when the movie was made because it is brand new and was made very recently, I thought we were talking about when the story took place, maybe it isnt me misunderstanding but you not conveying your thoughts accurately...

If you thought that was excellent imagine what you would rate http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090948/

dont take it personally your new, Im just bustin balls...

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I liked it. Everything looked spectacular and the audio was excellent. Not a great movie, or Cruise's best, but a pretty solid movie that is total eye candy.

C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
Relax there chief, I was just joking around, I read it closely, you said time period not age, but what ever, I had a dirtbikes from the time I was 8 to now and no I don't relate or love it... {the dirtbike had very little to do with the movie if anything at all, they could have been on a gocart and not changed the story} and it is subjective... not my fault your post makes it look like you never seen the movie ;), but thanks for clearing up you not needed me to point of when the movie was made because it is brand new and was made very recently, I thought we were talking about when the story took place, maybe it isnt me misunderstanding but you not conveying your thoughts accurately...

If you thought that was excellent imagine what you would rate The Dirt Bike Kid (1985) - IMDb

dont take it personally your new, Im just bustin balls...
Don't worry David banner isn't going green yet.

As for being unclear I will help you out
Mud appealed to me cuz I had a cousin growing up who had a dirt bike and was a lot like the main character boy. Thought it really nailed that time period for boys in a small town.

Notice the had, growing up, and that. All are past tense with growing up means several years ago. I think its safe to assume I'm over 25 (actually 41). Notice how I mentioned that the dirt bike reminded me of my cousin. No where does it say the movie is about riding. My cousin was a bit if a badass like the boy in the show.

It was a quick synopsis. I could have said the time period when you are a teenage boy and you ride dirt bikes, small boats, and look up to an older male in your life.

7.7 on imdb is pretty high for this kind of movie and 98% on rotton tomotoes.

I guess my career as a movie reviewer is over :(:(:(
Now I am busting yours ;););)

C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
Cloud on a much more important issue. ,how u enjoying the umc200 ? Got the peq locked in ?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Cloud on a much more important issue. ,how u enjoying the umc200 ? Got the peq locked in ?
I like the umc200, really easy to use, eq works well, no hiccups or programming issues as of yet, clean and clear... I bought it with my upgrade card so it was only a few hundred bucks, well worth the investment...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis