NOOOOOOOOO !!!!! Panasonic considers exiting from plasma TVs

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So I can probably pick one a closeout for the other house and get a larger, good quality set for chump change.

OLED is the future right now. Fabs are being built and prices will come down faster than they did for Plasma or LCD/LED.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What Is the cheapest 50inch TV on the market with deep blacks?

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'm debating getting one of the newer Panny plasmas while I can. I have a 4 year old 50" model. Was thinking of going for the top of the line 65". I could also wait a few years for OLED TVs to get bigger and cheaper. My girlfriend wants me to upgrade so she can get my current TV.

Jim

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I thought about going top of the line, but from the reviews you get better performance, but not by a huge margin. The ST series is pretty fantastic and I plan to get a 65" version of that line. I still want to see the ZT series in person before I buy just in case. It is a fantastic looking TV, but for the money I save getting a cheaper model I can buy a new projector that will blow away what I have. That to me is worth spending less on the tv.

Have you seen a ZT in person yet?

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I haven't. I know from what I've read that the VT is really close. The main difference with the ZT is they have eliminated the air gap like the Kuros.

Jim

Natrix

Natrix

Junior Audioholic
Well I ordered the 65" ST60 yesterday and it'll be here Wednesday next week. I sit 11-12 feet from the screen in my living room, so I'll finally have a screen that is around 2x my viewing distance and I'm ecstatic to say the least, not to mention the huge upgrade in quality compared to my current 50" Panny. I waffled back and forth for a few days over the VT vs. ST and I just couldn't justify the extra $500 for a marginally better picture. Maybe this will be the impetus for starting a thread in the Pros and Joes Gallery and posting some pictures of my setup.....Get your popcorn ready:D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats Natrix. Did you get it on sale? Can't wait for the pics.

Natrix

Natrix

Junior Audioholic
Congrats Natrix. Did you get it on sale? Can't wait for the pics.
Thanks, but no sale price unfortunately. I'm sure the prices will come down in the near future, but I checked camelcamelcamel.com and the price has been steady for the last couple of months on Amazon.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I love my 65" VT60. I also kind of hate it for making my projector look bad. Now I need a better projector.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis