noooob question on how to connect subwoofer

C

claras

Audiophyte
Hi

I just bought myself a pioneer vsx-db814-s reciever and a heco surround speaker set. Now I want to connect the new toys but I am having a little problem.

In the manual for the pioneer receiver the connection for the subwoofer (which is a active powered subwoofer) is only done with one plug. But on the subwoofer I have 2 plugs (the red and white plugs that you see on cd players in other words the normal plugs sorry for my bad english hope you understand what i mean). What do i do now? Do i only connect the subwoofer out to one of the subwoofer plugs? for instant the left one?

I know this is probably a total noooob question, but that what I am ;)

Hope you can help me I do not dare to turn on the receiver before I know everything is connected correct :)

D

dloweman

Audioholic
I had that problem and found out that you can just run it into the left/white input, or you can get a y-connector for $5 and use both inputs. With the y-connector i had to turn the output on the sub down alot cause it was putting alot more power (supposedly 3-6 db) so for now just use the white/left input and if you want you can get a y-connector.

C

claras

Audiophyte
So using a Y connector will give me more power on the subwoofer?

And thx for the quick anwers :)

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Don't know about the power, but that would be the correct way to hook-up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis