Noob needs help! Center speaker question...

W

willythekid

Audiophyte
I am trying to build up a basic home stereo / theater and was thinking about getting some polk monitor 60's as my fronts. Problem is I cannot fit any matching centers (cs10, cs20) due to where my tv is mounted. It is above a mantle and it would cut off some of the tv when viewed from our couch. I am hoping someone will have some insight on using a tl series center with these speakers... I really do not want to go with out a center unless absolutly possible and moving the tv is out too. I am going to use a sony strdh740 with auto calibration if that helps any... I am open to suggestions about other options but was really hoping this would work. Advance thanks to any help for this newbie!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, willy!

The TL1 center appears to have components (tweeter and midrange) with similar materials as those used in the Monitor 60's. The TL2 and (especially) TL3 start to use different types of drivers. So, the TL1 is your best bet, I think. Auto calibration can really help balance out speakers - at least it has in my home, so you might get away with any of those.

I'd suggest that you also contact Polk directly if you haven't already, as they may know better.

W

willythekid

Audiophyte
Thanks Adam. I took you advice and contacted Polk but I won't hear back until early next week some time... If anyone has suggestions on other decent, budget options that would include a smaller center I would love to hear them. I briefly looked at Wharfedale 10.1s but realized that building a system around them might get too expensive for me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis