No sound from Kenwood VR-405 Reciever

F

fausta

Audiophyte
I have a Kenwood VR-405 and the people that I got it from said that nothing has come out of the speakers since they got it. I have tried to figure out the peoblem but no luck I have messed with the settings and even looked at the intrnals and everything looks good. It seems to work fine except that there is no sound.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a Kenwood VR-405 and the people that I got it from said that nothing has come out of the speakers since they got it. I have tried to figure out the peoblem but no luck I have messed with the settings and even looked at the intrnals and everything looks good. It seems to work fine except that there is no sound.
A possible mute button is engaged?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That unit is old enough it has a tape monitor loop on video two and the tape/MD input. See page 18 of your manual. If the monitor button is set to monitor you will have no sound.

Otherwise go through your set up and set the speakers. Select inputs and make sure they are correctly assigned analog or digital.

If after going through the manual and doing the entire set up and making sure you don't have a tape monitor loop engaged, you have no sound, then the unit is a recycle job.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis