NO NO NO RythmiK 12, what a nightmare..

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ADTG...my next sub budget will allow for the powered 18.0C....or a passive 18.0....what amp or amps are you using for your dual 18.0? I guess for a reasonable sum, I could always pick up an amp...though...I still like the idea of plug and play unit...decisions...decisions. I'll be contacting FA after the holidays....:cool:.

I guess.... I'm an FA fanboy....:D
It's difficult picking between 2 great Funk subs to begin with!

I am using my ATI amps, but the beauty of passive subs is that you can choose whatever amps you want and the amp is outboard, which IMO increases reliability.

The Funk flagship 18.2 uses an outboard Amp/EQ/DSP.

I let my Denon pre-pro EQ my subs and my ATI amps simply amplify the subs. But something like a Crown amp would do the same - actually more power.

Does your pre-pro have Sub EQ?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I got another neg at 9:06a lol, big surprise he didn't sign it.... Obviously feels bad about himself and his micro phallus syndrome ;) ... he just wrote "here you go"...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, passive subs are nice, but the pickings are slim...
I like to be UNIQUE. :D

I don't want to be like EVERYONE else. You kidding me? Please. :eek: :D

The flagship Funk 18.2 sub and the $15,000 Focal Utopia sub are also "unpowered" or "passive" and use an outboard Amp.

Really, the only difference between active and passive subs is WHERE the amp is located.

It's like a Receiver (Denon X4000) vs. a Pre-pro. :D Except if the amp inside the Denon dies, you can still output to an ext. amp.

If the amp inside your sub dies, you have no choice but get a replacement plate amp.

So for those who must have pre-pro + amps, why would they want an amp inside their subs that VIBRATE all the time? :eek:

And the amp inside the sub is like an amp inside a cabinet. Well, okay, it is an amp inside the cabinet. :D

It's just another way of looking at it.

Active subs with built-in amps are great, but just not for me PERSONALLY.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I got another neg at 9:06a lol, big surprise he didn't sign it.... Obviously feels bad about himself and his micro phallus syndrome ;) ... he just wrote "here you go"...
What was your thread about?

What did you say?

If you were just voicing your opinion, I don't know why they would do that.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

You weren't attacking someone or insinuating that someone was an idiot or lazy or something derogatory, were you? :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
What was your thread about?

What did you say?

If you were just voicing your opinion, I don't know why they would do that.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

You weren't attacking someone or insinuating that someone was an idiot or lazy or something derogatory, were you? :D
This thread, just for not liking the rythmic sub as much as the hsu, lol

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Yup...on the sub EQ....I was never a big fan of using outboard amps even on my last sub...just a personel preference...I guess. Anyways....I don't think I can stretch my budget for the powered 18.0 or at the very least tell my wife what it actually costs...:D

Thanks...Bill...:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yup...on the sub EQ....I was never a big fan of using outboard amps even on my last sub...just a personel preference...I guess. Anyways....I don't think I can stretch my budget for the powered 18.0 or at the very least tell my wife what it actually costs...:D

Thanks...Bill...:)
Does Anthem ARC do Sub EQ? I would think ARC could do a great job with Sub EQ.

Yeah, it was a very easy decision for me to get the passive 18.0. The hardest part was choosing the finish color and all the cosmetic details. :D

But if you don't like outboard amps, then I can see why it is a tough decision.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This thread, just for not liking the rythmic sub as much as the hsu, lol
That's too bad.

If you don't like Rythmik, then you don't like it. No big deal. Nothing personal.

We can all agree that we should get whatever sounds best to us.

Whomever gave you a negative Rep may be taking it out on you for some other threads or reasons.

That's how it is in life. :eek:

And we know how life is.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
That's too bad.

If you don't like Rythmik, then you don't like it. No big deal. Nothing personal.

We can all agree that we should get whatever sounds best to us.

Whomever gave you a negative Rep may be taking it out on you for some other threads or reasons.

That's how it is in life. :eek:

And we know how life is.
FK EM' :D Sad little guys, I feel bad for them...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Wow.. Thin skins. I just think your crazy is all for not liking the Rythmik :p
believe me I tried, lol, and I really shouldn't say I don't like it, its a good sub, I just like the vtf2 better...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
As far as getting negative rep for posting , that is just some douche that doesn't even think enough of himself to sign his name...
lol, tell me about it. This board is a playground for passive aggressives. I bet you we are getting dinged by the same people too.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
If it showed their name it would stop a lot of the non sense, but the admin can see who did it, so.......

A

aceinc

Audioholic
I read through this entire review because I am looking at the Rythmik LV12M. Without sounding too critical of the OP, I didn't see where he ever contacted Rythmik. This seems rather counter intuitive to me.

As a business owner, I would much prefer someone call me and bitch about a product or service to see if I can fix it rather than decide the product has issues and that they know enough to determine it is A) Not defective, but still sucks. B) Set up optimally and still sucks.

Then to go out on the Internet and post a review titled "NO NO NO RythmiK 12, what a nightmare.." If the OP had called Rythmik and worked with them and was unhappy with the results, then post about the experience.

Yes I know this is an old post, but it bugged me.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I read through this entire review because I am looking at the Rythmik LV12M. Without sounding too critical of the OP, I didn't see where he ever contacted Rythmik. This seems rather counter intuitive to me.

As a business owner, I would much prefer someone call me and bitch about a product or service to see if I can fix it rather than decide the product has issues and that they know enough to determine it is A) Not defective, but still sucks. B) Set up optimally and still sucks.

Then to go out on the Internet and post a review titled "NO NO NO RythmiK 12, what a nightmare.." If the OP had called Rythmik and worked with them and was unhappy with the results, then post about the experience.

Yes I know this is an old post, but it bugged me.
I haven’t even read the original post. But I agree with you. The main problem I see a lot of is people are LAAAAZEEEEEE! A call to the manufacturer is almost always a win, and doesn’t take much effort, plus you usually benefit from talking to the people who are responsible for its existence. The other thing is people are far too quick to judge a product as defective, or bad, or whatever when they are just too Fukkin stoopid to stop and figure out that it’s not the product, it’s that they don’t know what they’re doing, or didn’t read all the words and have unrealistic expectations. Hey, put away your puny little ego for a minute lol.
Reality is, people sukk much more often than the products they complain about.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis