No 5.1 sound (Netflix, Apple TV, AFTV, roku)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I thought you owned these too? Apple TV, AFTV & Roku. If not the Roku should solve the problem, but I'm still thinking it's your HDMI cord. Mine would play everything too, but Roku was 2.0 until I got the new HDMI cord. Can you borrow a Roku from someone just to try it out for a couple of hours?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I tried daredevil and indeed all I got was stereo. All movies and or shows are just in stereo in netflix. The blue ray player is set to bitstream and the receiver to auto. Not PCM. I have no issues with blue rays, or directv. This is only with Netflix. Is anyone else dealing with this? I am willing to try any of the streaming devices, but not if they are going to produce the same thing as the blue ray player (stereo stream).
Have you called Netflix? What are they saying?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can't imagine getting stuck in that mess of calling Netflix, and starting the cycle of them blaming your ISP and/or hardware, and then the reverse....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Dumb question and didn't see it asked, is the firmware up to date on the panny? Whether it decodes in the panny or yamaha you should get multi channel surround provided that's the source content.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
lol I guess you never called Netflix/Roku. Waste of time. :D
Well, the few times I called them, they helped. Maybe it wasn't technical to stump the.
Now, Redbox on the other hand, is a waste of time if it is beyond simple stuff.
Tried to help them update their maps. Gave up after 4 month of trying to help them.
They don't care.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis