Niles versus Speakercraft In-Ceilings

T

Tallcane

Junior Audioholic
I have pretty much come down to these two as my finalist for my in ceiling HT applications. The niles DS series and the Speakercraft Aim series.

Here is the dilemma. When I was travelling I managed to hear the speakercraft series. Very impressed with these.

My local installer is pushing the Niles line which I have not heard. I am leaning toward that speakercraft because I have heard them and they pivot to a greater extent then the Niles.

Does anyone have any input or experience with these lines? Anything to help me decide between Niles and Speakercraft?

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
I wouldn't base my decision on which tweeter pivots more. I'd make my decision on sound quality and price. I'm using Niles for music in another zone but Speakercraft are excellent speakers and many think they sound better. I've never listened to them side by side so I don't have a preference in sound quality but both have excellent reputations. Are these for surrounds or music in other zones?

My daugher is sitting on my lap at the moment and wanted me to add pink faces to my post. :p :p :p :p :p

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I second Duff's response. I believe the sound quality is very similar. If you like the sound of the Speakercrafts then use them. I don't think you're going to get a whole lot more for the money.

T

Tallcane

Junior Audioholic
Its not the tweeter that tilts in these series. It is basically the entire speaker that tilts. That is the point of the abilty to aim these speakers. The speakercraft aim up to 45 degrees and the Niles only to 15 degrees. To me, that might be significant. Not a decision making factor but still it is a factor.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis