NHT SuperCenter speaker – For sale – $75

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
NHT SuperCenter – for sale – $75 – Location Gaithersburg, MD 20878

SuperCenter

I bought this in January 2000 as the center channel speaker in my first home theater. It still works well – I am selling it only because I have replaced it with a Salk SongCenter that goes with my SongTowers. This speaker dates from when NHT was an independent company run by its original owners. The speaker was assembled in the USA with largely foreign made parts, and originally cost $375 retail.

This center channel speaker matched the original NHT SuperZero, SuperOne, and SuperTwo. It uses the same woofer as in the SuperZero, and the same tweeter found in the entire original NHT Super Series. It was voiced identically, for a seamless tonal balance. Its compact size allows easy placement near any type of TV.

As a center channel speaker, it works especially well at reproducing movie dialog clearly without any added bass emphasis that can muddy the sound of voices. The relatively small woofers of this speaker allow it to widely disperse sound through the human voice range, adding to its overall clarity. This speaker was not designed to produce bass deeper than about 85 Hz, and works best at the “small” setting on a home theater receiver. Its overall neutral sound and relatively wide dispersion allow it to blend well with a variety different front speakers, even if they are not made by NHT.

2-way acoustic suspension cabinet – No ports
Two 4½" woofers & 1" soft dome tweeter, video shielded
Crossover at 2.2 kHz (6 dB/octave high pass & 12 dB/octave low pass)
Frequency Response: 85 Hz – 25 kHz, ±3 dB
86 dB sensitivity
8 ohms impedance
Recommended Amplifier Power: 15 watts minimum – 150 watts maximum
5-way binding posts
13 lbs.
5.5" High × 16" Wide × 8" Deep
Gloss black laminate finish – includes cloth grill & owner’s manual

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
That last pic makes it a worthy purchase IMO.

In all seriousness newbs need to buy this speakers. You are not going to get a better speaker anywhere near the price.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Sold

Sold to a another AHer, jonnythan. I PM'ed you the Fed Ex tracking number.

Richard

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis